Sub £100 compact..

Mac User

What's the best sub £100 compact on the market at the moment ? We're off to Paris in a couple of months so I looking to replace my old Samsung compact ... Also is there a compact that shots HD material within this price bracket ?

Ikki

Novice Member
There aren't any sub £100 compacts that do HD as far as I know.

Most of the manufacturers do something under £100 but they will be the bottom of the range and not stunning for IQ and video. The Canon Powershot A480 should be one of the better ones for IQ in this price area but the video is VGA (640x480).

A good source is the Fujifilm online store where you can get refurbs at huge reductions.

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/view-all

The F60fd is a really nice camera that has a good image quality at £103 (normally about £160). (the F50fd too but there are none in stock today).

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Not sure fully about the HD part but is mentioned.............and this is a bargain under £100.

Kodak Z8612is 8.1mp 12x Optical Zoom Digital Camera Black With FREE Lexar 2GB Secure Digital Card - Ebuyer

Kodak Z8612is 8.1mp 12x Optical Zoom Digital Camera Black With FREE Lexar 2GB Secure Digital Card

£79.98 post free

Product Description Kodak EASYSHARE Z8612 IS - digital camera
Product Type Digital camera - compact
Dimensions (WxDxH) 10.4 cm x 7.1 cm x 6.6 cm
Weight 290 g
Supported Flash Memory MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
Integrated Memory 21 MB
Sensor Resolution 8.1 Megapixel
Shooting Modes Frame movie mode
Lens System 12 x zoom lens - f/2.8-4.8
Focus Adjustment Automatic, manual
Digital Zoom 5 x
Image Stabiliser Optical
Camera Flash Pop-up flash
Red Eye Reduction Built-in
Microphone Microphone - built-in - electret condenser - mono
Display LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - colour
Supported Battery 2 x AA lithium battery ( optional ) ¦ 1 x CR-V3 lithium battery ( included ) ¦ 1 x Kodak KLIC 8000 Li-ion rechargeable battery ( optional )
Manufacturer Warranty 1 year warranty

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t145/icemanonline/kodak8612.jpg

Not bad camera for the money..............Not many left either.

Hope that helps....

icemanonline

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom