Suarez, 8 game ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offended is probably a bit strong; I don’t know you, you don’t know me etc.

The reason it’s a horrible thing to say is that you’re (perhaps unwittingly) implying that Liverpool fans simply don’t care about some really nasty examples of racism based (I assume) purely on the initial reactions you've observed on the internet regarding a story that’s (afaik) an hour or so old.

Although a completely different context it’s the same trick used by right wing extremists to condemn the Muslim religion (i.e. the moderates don’t do enough to condemn the extremists therefore they all support extremism to at least some degree).

Saldawop said:
Ahhhh Stan Collymore the woman beater. I understand the other woman beater ,Marlon King ,was talking about this on Radio 5.

Still I guess theres worse things than punching a girl in the face , like calling someone a name.

Does that invalidate his point that there are a lot of racist tweets? No, this is a completely irrelevant comment.

What a vile thing to say. This thread took a real turn for the worse. :(

Vile? :confused:

The only people I have spoken to who defend what Suarez said are Liverpool fans. Fans of other clubs condemn it, (and not just the childish ones who do so simply because it's Liverpool), people I work with who don't care about football condemn it and a few Pool fans to their credit have condemned it.

The overwhelming majority of level-headed and in some cases completely unbiased people that I have spoken to on the subject think that he was wrong and should be punished.

IMO the majority of Liverpool fans are letting club loyalty get in the way of what is right.

The only people I have spoken to who defend what Suarez said are Liverpool fans. Fans of other clubs condemn it, (and not just the childish ones who do so simply because it's Liverpool), people I work with who don't care about football condemn it and a few Pool fans to their credit have condemned it.

The overwhelming majority of level-headed and in some cases completely unbiased people that I have spoken to on the subject think that he was wrong and should be punished.

IMO the majority of Liverpool fans are letting club loyalty get in the way of what is right.
The comment was in response to the racist bile being posted on Stan Collymore's twitter page, not what Suarez said.

I absolutely agree that Liverpool fans are struggling to be objective about this. And of course the same is true of the fans of rival clubs (ManU in particular).

I'll form an opinion on what he said when I know what he said.

Last edited:

I have spoken to several Man Utd fans who would disagree with every words you say:smashing:

and i wager in these tough times the majority of people couldn't give a rats ***

cue dramatic response

xox Godders xox said:
Offended is probably a bit strong; I don’t know you, you don’t know me etc.

The reason it’s a horrible thing to say is that you’re (perhaps unwittingly) implying that Liverpool fans simply don’t care about some really nasty examples of racism based (I assume) purely on the initial reactions you've observed on the internet regarding a story that’s (afaik) an hour or so old.

Although a completely different context it’s the same trick used by right wing extremists to condemn the Muslim religion (i.e. the moderates don’t do enough to condemn the extremists therefore they all support extremism to at least some degree).

Two posts before I said this wasn't inherent to LFC, and it's nonsense to suggest its a problem inherent to any football club. I did not mean it to come across that way.

Anyway, I banged on far too much in here, I've made my points so I'll leave it alone. Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Last edited:
***, there's a massive portion of us that don't like the allegations an if the evidence the FA shown us is conclusive then we will condemn the player as harshly as anyone

What I and a lot of us won't do is brand him a racist as so many are when the FA and evra have both agreed he is now

So far we have not seen the evidence and until we do we have very right to defend him to some extent, any other fan bloody would so stop making is out to be some nazi style ******* for god sake

Just cos the FA found him guilty means squat, he could appeal an have it overturned, if he does will you all apologise?

We all have our opinions and little facts so before we throw accusations at each other shall we wait for the info to be released

***, there's a massive portion of us that don't like the allegations an if the evidence the FA shown us is conclusive then we will condemn the player as harshly as anyone

What I and a lot of us won't do is brand him a racist as so many are when the FA and evra have both agreed he is now

So far we have not seen the evidence and until we do we have very right to defend him to some extent, any other fan bloody would so stop making is out to be some nazi style ******* for god sake

Just cos the FA found him guilty means squat, he could appeal an have it overturned, if he does will you all apologise?

We all have our opinions and little facts so before we throw accusations at each other shall we wait for the info to be released

Well posted!

Thread closed.

As it's nearly Christmas,many of you should consider yourselves fortunate not to have a posting holiday as well.

Try and develop a sense of the Christmas spirit,and stop the insults for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom