Stylusplus.co.uk not answering

retethen

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any dealings with stylusplus.co.uk lately. I placed an order for a stylus and the money was taken immediately on the 6th April . A confirmation email was received.Since then Ihave tried ringing them numerous times and emailed them twice as 7 working days have passed. They say on their website delivery after a delivery email should take up to 7 working days.
I`ve got a funny feeling about this company though it gives an address and phone number that just rings and rings.

Hope this is ok posting here.

looks like rip off merchants. Thanks Jas for the following info.......

A quick Google search shows it's not the only website using that address/telephone number

starbatteries.co.uk
batteries-online.co.uk
karasonline.co.uk

There are also a few bad reviews going back 2 years under it's previous name karasonline.co.uk

KARAS, LONGFIELD, 27 THE ROW

Stay well clear of this company or you will lose your money like me.

Sounds like a scam - get a chargeback or whatever you can.

bit late now but ive just purchased a stylus for my cartridge from mantra-audio ordered it saturday evening arrived tuesday. cant recommend them high enough.

Barclaycard are giving me the money . They are sending me a form to fill in and then they will be going after stylus plus. :clap:

I know a few Kentish bikers who would consider paying a visit , for a crate of beer ... ?

Does it have to be HiFi related to use this service?

I know a few Kentish bikers who would consider paying a visit , for a crate of beer ... ?

They also took our money really quickly, never delivered and don't answer their phone. Avoid at all costs.

Phone Barclays about the money and Trading Standards to look into this company.

Thought I'd share my experience with this "company".

I ordered a new stylus on 17th July, without searching online for reviews first - More fool me.

Emailed them on 26th July and got no reply. Found various negative reviews online in the meantime.

Emailed again on Tuesday of this week - Very blunt wording saying get my order to me by Friday or I go to Trading Standards, Action Fraud & do a chargeback on my card.

That email was not replied to as well, but it was obviously read because my order arrived today. Packet and invoice stink of cigarette smoke but the order is correct, sealed and undamaged.

I've also been looking for a replacement stylus and came across this company. I decided to enquire first to see if they had what I was looking for. 5 emails and not one reply. I did a search on them and found plenty of comments suggesting they were a bit dodgy. From what I've been reading about them it looks as if I dodged a bullet there! Thank goodness I didn't just go ahead and place an order.

Does anyone here know of a reputable company that can supply replacement styli? Preferably in the UK

I have also been caught. Ordered on Oct 7th, received email confirmation, emailed back on Oct 15th as I had heard nothing more, no response to email so I tried calling them, phone not answered. Consequently applied for chargeback on my credit card.

Why are these people still trading..? Is there nothing that can be done to sink them, at least a little?

Just received a mail from Stylusplus informing me that parcel has been despatched (maybe they saw the thread, or perhaps they actually read my email). Tracking no quoted in their mail not yet recognised by Royal Mail, let's see what happens in next couple of days.

Surprise, surprise - stylus arrived today by Royal Mail recorded delivery (13 days after ordering it), and package smelt strongly of cigarette smoke (as happened to vans74). In the meantime I had sourced another one through www.musonic.co.uk and that arrived the next day. I will certainly never use Stylusplus again.

I think its best to avoid STYLUS PLUS. I ordered a stylus for a SHURE 104 CARTRIDGE ( N104E STYLUS) It came & looked ok. No specs supplied. I phoned them & they could not help other than to say repeatedly that it was interchangable with SHURE M92E. Their M92 IS BLUE as was the supplied n104e. I have no way of knowing what has been supplied . I suspect its a m92 stylus. So no upgrade for me. YEP STAY AWAY, CHRIS

Just had same problem everyone else has had. Wish I'd seen this before I ordered from StylusPlus.co.uk

Ordered an Audio Technica ATN-103, slightly confusing as they use a picture of the original then have 'this is a replacement' at the bottom. But considering they don't make them anymore then fair enough, I just didn't read the whole page.

Received a stylus in the post that looked absolutely nothing like the original and doesn't fit, it's 5mm too short for starters. No details about what it is. Emailed them back before opening the box as suggested on their confirmation email, chased them up again 10 days later, still not heard a word.

Complete and utter waste of £17 that I'll never get back. Gone and bought one on Mantra Audio now...

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

I ordered from them (him) a couple of weeks back. He says allow 7 working days. Mine hadn't arrived after that so a quick but polite enquiry later, the item was sent (2nd class). Thankfully it arrived today. Credit card used for payment so I would have had some protection in the event of no answer.

The website looks very early 2000s with its poor layout. It does not reflect the length of time the business has been trading. 30 years, and is now operating from a single dwelling. To move from a trade counter is, in my opinion, not the best decision.

Musonic were my first supplier of choice, but they don't stock the particular stylus I was after, hence my order with stylusplus.

Hopefully anyone ordering from SP won't get their wallet burned. Credit card is the safest payment method.

I've also been looking for a replacement stylus and came across this company. I decided to enquire first to see if they had what I was looking for. 5 emails and not one reply. I did a search on them and found plenty of comments suggesting they were a bit dodgy. From what I've been reading about them it looks as if I dodged a bullet there! Thank goodness I didn't just go ahead and place an order.

Does anyone here know of a reputable company that can supply replacement styli? Preferably in the UK
As mentioned earlier in the thread, Mantra Audio. I've used them several times and had nothing but excellent service from them.

I ordered a stylus for my Santo g3003 music centre 18/06/19 from [email protected] not received it so phoned them got through asked about my order they did not even ask for my order number and they had the affrontry to say they would send me a email when my order was dispatched avoid this company at all costs they are scanners

Not uk based but used lp gear in the us. They do custom stylus' and were pretty quick getting it here.

I ordered a couple of replacement styli a couple of weeks ago and paid for them immediately. They have not arrived and I’ve mailed and phoned several times now but no answer. Does anyone know whether they are still trading? They certainly should not have taken payment I’ve they are no longer trading.

I’ve now threatened to report them to trading standards.

thanks

Same story, phone 0116 210 8515 is not in use. Report them to PayPal or your credit card if goods have not been delivered. I’ve waited 8 working days so just outside of the 5-7 expected response the email stated. Hallmarks of somewhere with organisation issues or a scam.

Oh dear, just read all these comments and realised my £17 has just gone missing with no hope of it coming back.
Don't threaten them with Trading Standards, just do it!
Ripped off and not happy.
No email reply, they don't answer the phone etc etc
Avoid at all cost

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom