• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

STV via Sky Aspect Ratio

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I have a Pace PVR2 and a Philips 28in widescreen TV set to "Auto" aspect ratio and noticed over the last couple of evenings a weird problem. :confused:
Widescreen progs on STV only were appearing in a 4x3 aspect ratio (tall & thin)...switch to any other progs on Sky and the TV automatically sensed the widescreen flag and displayed correctly...switch back to STV and again aspect ratio was all wrong again.
I have checked the settings within the Sky "Services", "System Setup", "Picture Settings" and "Picture Format" is at "16x9" and "Scart Control" is set to "on" as it always is.
Anyone else noticed similar?

D

Deleted member 30535

Do you have Sky run to another room with a remote control over the RF2 connection?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Malice said:
Do you have Sky run to another room with a remote control over the RF2 connection?

It is connected via RF2 to an upstairs bedroom but has no TVlink on it (never has had) and hence no remote option.

The only changes made were a phone line was connected for the first time ever (bought my Sky+ privately and pay approx £40.00 month) last Saturday evening so I could register the box for "Remote Record" via mobile.
Even tried a forced software update last night but no change.

D

Deleted member 30535

When running out of logical alternatives, I try anything as a long shot. Disconnect your RF2 and put the Sky disply setting to 16:9 on your second tv output option. See if it continues to switch.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Malice said:
When running out of logical alternatives, I try anything as a long shot. Disconnect your RF2 and put the Sky disply setting to 16:9 on your second tv output option. See if it continues to switch.

Thanks for your suggestion...done that and will try it later.
My wife noticed it the past two evenings when she was watching "Emmerdale" and called me through..."why is the picture like that"? :confused:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Just heard from a couple of guys over on the digitalspy forum they're having the same problems and it appears to be only on STV...all other ITV regions are okay.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom