Stuttering DVB-T2 HDTV, replace CPU or GPU?

wyerd

Very little differene between Hd5450 and HD6450 ?? :confused:
I'm pretty sure that the stutter I saw was down to tuning issues. When I set up the tuner in 7MC it came back with a large number of signals for the Freeview stations as I live in an area where 2 transmitters can be picked up. I manually selected 770MHz for the HD channels as listed by the UKFREETV website for Midhurst, but when I went back to the detected 770.167MHz it stopped the stutter - or it appears so. Watched Silk on BBC 1 HD last night and didn't notice any.

Anyway, it looks like my HD5450 doesn't need upgrading just yet!

Cheers.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Either never noticed at the time or something's changed, but it's been very noticeable during the Euros.)
Panning shots (such as following a ball across the pitch) show up these kind of problems worse than anything else. You may have had prroblems before and just not noticed them on more static content.

Bossworld

Panning shots (such as following a ball across the pitch) show up these kind of problems worse than anything else. You may have had prroblems before and just not noticed them on more static content.

Perhaps, although I'm more inclined to think its my 'testing' with various combos of MTV splitters that has thrown a spanner in the works.

Now undergoing a series of wiped machine tests. Clean 7 sp1 install, Windows downloaded its own driver for the GeForce - great picture and no stutter. Not sure if I'm losing out on some advanced deinterlacing or not but armed with clonezilla I'm going to isolate one of GeForce drivers/chipset drivers/lav splitter/tmt5/a.n. other as the cause :cool:

Bossworld

Tracked it down via clonezilla etc. Installed everything bar the chipset drivers (AMD 880G) and the graphics card driver. The default GT220 one included/downloaded with Win 7 seems to provide proper DXVA anyway.

Was OK after installing AMD chipset driver, the minute I introduce the GeForce drivers from the Nvidia site I get microstutter, noticeable flashes in display contrast ('dynamic contrast' I believe) and a very unsatisfactory experience. Just restored back to the pre-driver image, just going to leave the Nvidia drivers off.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom