Stupidly slow itunes film download, 200k in 4 hours on high speed broadband?

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to download transformers 3 from itunes, my free digital copy and its so slow, 200k in 4 hours, says time left 3000 hours and im using high speed bt broadband I get 30mb download?

I'm on o2 with typically 14Gb download speeds. I regularly rent movies on iTunes, with downloads taking, on average, 15 minutes.

BTW, you don't have to wait for the whole movie to download before watching - as you can start watching while the remainder of the movie is downloading.

Just trying to download transformers 3 from itunes, my free digital copy and its so slow, 200k in 4 hours, says time left 3000 hours and im using high speed bt broadband I get 30mb download?

Restart it? Had same problem with inception. Stopped the d/l, restarted, job done.

ok so i deleted the download and went back to paramountdigitalcopy.com and tried agani but it says the voucher has been used so cant download it now.

ok so i deleted the download and went back to paramountdigitalcopy.com and tried agani but it says the voucher has been used so cant download it now.

Did you use the voucher in iTunes? The film will be in purchases available to download.

No one said to delete it!!!

If it's anything like the weekly Orange FilmToGo offerings; I recently downloaded one particular film, which then crashed iTunes when I changed the audio from stereo to 5.1, and then wouldn't re-download (stating that I had already entered the requisite code).

Nope theres no download option now cant find it even in purchased.

Email iTunes support and explain. They will then reactivate it. There is a link 'report a problem' in your e receipt. Include the voucher number in the packaging if there is one.

Was it a digital copy from a Blu Ray / DVD / Digital triple disc set? They do seem problematic, but iTunes will sort it.

Has it just become available? Servers might be jammed.

The wonders of modern technology, huh

Go to speed test and what does it report?

There servers may be getting hammered?

Just rip your disc. You'll end up with a better quality copy anyway

Fair enough. I'm sure you don't want to spend anymore money, but an external BR drive and Toast Titanium = ripped Blurays ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom