Stupid

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by djbsom, Aug 21, 2013.

1. djbsom

djbsom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +965
    I've no idea why this peed me off as much as it did but,
    Just finished last lesson yesterday after quite a long day and heading home past our local airport. On a good stretch of NSL Road i spot a young lad in a Merc approaching my road from the left and indicating to turn towards me. No problem thinks I, he'll see the traffic on the main road and pause at the give way. No, he emerges right in front of me ( I'm doing about 50 mph ) and turns towards me. As he clears the front of my car he shouts out of the window " slow down **** ".

2. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,377
    I've had this happen to me several times over the years.
    On two occasions it was from slip roads joining duel carriageways where there was heavy traffic travelling at speed. In both incident there was near chaos with drivers swerving, braking etc.

I read a road safety article in the local paper, by the police, that focussed on this issue.
    The concern was, that for some reason, some motorists believe they have right of way in this situation :eek:
    They don't !

On one occasion mentioned, several of the cars in front could see what she was going to do, and sounded their horns. She just seemed to hunker down and bull her way across the stream anyway. Madness :mad: