Stupid things you regret doing

I've done a similar car thing ...

Supermarket car park, walked back to my car and just shouted fudge at the scratched alloys on the driver side, then crouched down looking at and feeling them, utterly annoyed. Then still in a huff and swearing, went round the back to stick the shopping in the boot. You can guess the rest.

Obviously a great feeling in the end.

Have a black 18 reg Focus ... so many similar looking vehicles if you're not looking too closely.
I had similar I have let say there were not many on the road, and of all things was in Cleartone Bolton and when I got back to the car there was a dint in the door, I was not pleased but kept my cool and was about to put the key in the lock and noticed the next car over was the same make and colour, when I looked it was mine and not the dented one. The odds were astronomical.
There only 38 of my model now on the road in the UK.

Another time I should have lost my cool was coming out of Trafford Park and where I left the car was missing.
I thought I'll ask security if they have the thief on camera, and the security guy said don't worry we have this problem all the time. It turns out there 2 identical carpark's and of you exit though the wrong door in a store (quite near to each other as well) you end up on the wrong car park which is almost a mirror image of the other.
And yes it was on the other car park.

I can't be sure 100% but think even the isles were the same letter in both car parks.

Been thinking back to school days a lot recently, not sure why, probably just a bit bored.

Back when I was at school, most lessons consisted of the teacher writing things on the blackboard and you copying it all. To say it was tedious is an understatement - mind numbingly boring would be getting nearer the truth.

So I decide to spice things up I would change my pen colour every couple of lines and write it down in a bit of a north country way so the word "the" was written as "t'" and I put in copious amounts of "ee by gum" and "eckythump" and other such phrases. It must have amused me at the time and it probably coincided with a Goodies episode or something like that. This was in the 6th form studying for A levels so you'd think I'd know better.

When it came to exam time, revising was an absolute nightmare and virtually impossible to decipher my physics notes. In the end I'd virtually given up bothering and it's no wonder that I only got 2 A Levels.

I'm 61 now and still occassionally have dreams where I'm sat in the exam hall waiting for the exam to start knowing that I've done no revision for it at all.

:blush:
I had a slightly similar situation on the exam, only in the 9th grade. It was an English lesson and the teacher once a semester did a large-scale test on everything learned during the semester. The answer sheet looked like 100 questions in columns, where we had to choose
the circles with the correct answers. I was in a terrible mood that day because I lost my phone and the teacher yelled at me when I entered the classroom (I was looking for my phone for a long time). Since there was very little time to write the test. I realized that there was no point in writing it and decided to take revenge on the teacher. I circled the answers so that came out the phrase "you are a b*tch" . Pahpahpahp. But then I was kicked out from school, I really regret it even now. Because I had a lot of friends at that school ((((

I had similar I have let say there were not many on the road, and of all things was in Cleartone Bolton and when I got back to the car there was a dint in the door, I was not pleased but kept my cool and was about to put the key in the lock and noticed the next car over was the same make and colour, when I looked it was mine and not the dented one. The odds were astronomical.
There only 38 of my model now on the road in the UK.

Another time I should have lost my cool was coming out of Trafford Park and where I left the car was missing.
I thought I'll ask security if they have the thief on camera, and the security guy said don't worry we have this problem all the time. It turns out there 2 identical carpark's and of you exit though the wrong door in a store (quite near to each other as well) you end up on the wrong car park which is almost a mirror image of the other.
And yes it was on the other car park.

I can't be sure 100% but think even the isles were the same letter in both car parks.
Many years ago, when our son had not long passed his driving test and had got his first car, we arranged for him to pick us up at Gatwick Airport after we'd been away. We meet up in Arrivals and he's looking all pleased with himself. Waving a piece of paper, he says, "Look, I've even made a note of where I parked the car -- Floor 2, bay (whatever)."

"That's great!. And which car park?"

"...Er what do you mean, which carpark?"

o_O

I have done lots of supid things in my life but at the moment will restrict it to stuff I did at school - mostly in the 6th form when we were supposed to be more adult in behaviour. A lot of the stupid things I did I don’t strongly regret but I do this one…

We had a portable cassette player in our 6th form centre which we bought as a joint purchase and it was mostly used for playing a bit of music during free periods etc. Myself and another lad had other ideas and we used to go out around the school “on outside broadcast duties” and record silly things which we’d then use to create some sort of song. I suppose you could say we were sampling stuff which considering it was back in 1978 we quite inventive. But..

This particular time it was decided that I would record my mate Daryl on the toilet. So off we went to the toilets which would not be in use because it was our free period so all the other pupils were in lessons. Daryl went into the cubicle having first collected all the bars of soap from the basins. He half closed the door so I was on my knees with the cassette machine holding the microphone under the door. He then proceded to go through the motions of using the toilet and made farting noises whilst dropping the bars of soap into the toilet and then saying things like “oh yes that is a great shit” and other such sentences.

It was only when I looked around that I realised the maths teacher Mr Blount had walked into the toilets and was stood with his arms folded watching. I immediately started coughing loudly and picked up the recording equipment just as Daryl flushed and walked out of the cubicle saying “oh yes that was magic”. He then saw Mr Blount, ran back into the cubicle slamming the door shut. I pretended to wash my hands and Mr Blount just shook his head, tutted and walked out.

We never heard anything about it but the regret comes from imagining him going back to the staff room and telling the story to all the teachers!!

I had a slightly similar situation on the exam, only in the 9th grade. It was an English lesson and the teacher once a semester did a large-scale test on everything learned during the semester. The answer sheet looked like 100 questions in columns, where we had to choose
the circles with the correct answers. I was in a terrible mood that day because I lost my phone and the teacher yelled at me when I entered the classroom (I was looking for my phone for a long time). Since there was very little time to write the test. I realized that there was no point in writing it and decided to take revenge on the teacher. I circled the answers so that came out the phrase "you are a b*tch" . Pahpahpahp. But then I was kicked out from school, I really regret it even now. Because I had a lot of friends at that school ((((

My Father did something similar;

We were out for a day out and parked it at this car park, Father took a look round and saw a big "5" on the concrete beams and told us to remember we were on floor 5

On our return got to floor 5 and the car was nowhere to be seen, we walked around the floor just in case we got the wrong aisle but nothing

I took the stairs to the next floor just in case we were mistaken, and then I saw it "5" was on every concrete beam as that was the speed limit not the floor number and there was his car on floor #6

My Father did something similar;

We were out for a day out and parked it at this car park, Father took a look round and saw a big "5" on the concrete beams and told us to remember we were on floor 5

On our return got to floor 5 and the car was nowhere to be seen, we walked around the floor just in case we got the wrong aisle but nothing

I took the stairs to the next floor just in case we were mistaken, and then I saw it "5" was on every concrete beam as that was the speed limit not the floor number and there was his car on floor #6
Similar. When Tesco rebuilt their store (years ago) they made a bigger car park and a few time's, I would come out of the store looking for my car. A Tesco empoyee saw me once and said are you looking for your car he said your not the first one. :D

Back in the day my parents were on a driving holiday in Wales. While they were in Prestatyn towards the end of their break my father took a turn for the worse. I decided to hitch hike there on the Friday to drive them home and arriving at their hotel I was told they left yesterday to avoid the traffic. I rang their house where my mother answered the phone, '.....oh you're home I said, yes she answered where are you? Prestatyn I said I've come to drive you home.......'! 😆. I stopped in their room overnight and caught a coach home on Saturday changing twice on the way.
N..

Many years ago, when our son had not long passed his driving test and had got his first car, we arranged for him to pick us up at Gatwick Airport after we'd been away. We meet up in Arrivals and he's looking all pleased with himself. Waving a piece of paper, he says, "Look, I've even made a note of where I parked the car -- Floor 2, bay (whatever)."

"That's great!. And which car park?"

"...Er what do you mean, which carpark?"

o_O
I remember my first gig at Milton Keynes bowl, very excited with me, my sis and couple of friends. Got there nice and early, parked in a field and rushed to get in. 8 hours later when it was time to leave we had a rough idea where the car was but with 10,000 other cars there we searched for nearly 2 1/2 hours and the car parks were nearly empty before we found the car.

I regret paying to see "Battlefield Earth". It was the most frustrating time I ever had at the movies, mainly because I was stranded since my Mom dropped me off and I couldn't fall asleep during the movie.

I regret paying to see "Battlefield Earth". It was the most frustrating time I ever had at the movies, mainly because I was stranded since my Mom dropped me off and I couldn't fall asleep during the movie.
That's very apt seeing as you are carpet bombing the forum :D

I have done lots of supid things in my life but at the moment will restrict it to stuff I did at school - mostly in the 6th form when we were supposed to be more adult in behaviour. A lot of the stupid things I did I don’t strongly regret but I do this one…

We had a portable cassette player in our 6th form centre which we bought as a joint purchase and it was mostly used for playing a bit of music during free periods etc. Myself and another lad had other ideas and we used to go out around the school “on outside broadcast duties” and record silly things which we’d then use to create some sort of song. I suppose you could say we were sampling stuff which considering it was back in 1978 we quite inventive. But..

This particular time it was decided that I would record my mate Daryl on the toilet. So off we went to the toilets which would not be in use because it was our free period so all the other pupils were in lessons. Daryl went into the cubicle having first collected all the bars of soap from the basins. He half closed the door so I was on my knees with the cassette machine holding the microphone under the door. He then proceded to go through the motions of using the toilet and made farting noises whilst dropping the bars of soap into the toilet and then saying things like “oh yes that is a great shit” and other such sentences.

It was only when I looked around that I realised the maths teacher Mr Blount had walked into the toilets and was stood with his arms folded watching. I immediately started coughing loudly and picked up the recording equipment just as Daryl flushed and walked out of the cubicle saying “oh yes that was magic”. He then saw Mr Blount, ran back into the cubicle slamming the door shut. I pretended to wash my hands and Mr Blount just shook his head, tutted and walked out.

We never heard anything about it but the regret comes from imagining him going back to the staff room and telling the story to all the teachers!!

Please let that be true 😂

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom