Stupid speaker issue! Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1979

Distinguished Member
Hi all this saounds a really stupid question but hoping some person can spair a few mins to help

At the min I have a 6.1 pioneer set up but whilst good I want a 7.1

I have place tv (pioneer 4280) on offical ts stand as moved it into a new room andlass partner did not want it on the wall.... Thing is now centre spear is about 3cm to high!!!! This overlaps screan.

I am now going to use the centre as 4th at rear but on looking on where and what speaker to get!

I want it to be black, ideally gloss, Universal or at least no brand name showing on speaker plate as I want them all to appear they meant to be together as more pleasing on eye.

Max price 200

Oh and I sold xe1 so room wise I may now have space size of oncyo Amp! Using the existing centre now looks to small!

Any suggestions than for a nice black universal no name or no label center speaker???????

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
You havent specified exactly what height you need the speaker to be. Its a bit confusing as you say the old center was 3cm to big, but that your new one has to be bigger :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

paul1979

Distinguished Member
at the min i have been offered tangent evo but me being me it say tangent on it so stands out a mile.... hence no writing.... anyhow pioneer is 3cm covering the creen when on stand so now used that as 4th rear. i sold xe1 as stated so on the shelf where that was i can now put a larger loud speaker as if i were to simply use another pioneer it would now be to small look lost in the gap.

the evo fits but it is h15cm w30 d20 (these are approximations)

i terms of room i have about h20cm w35 d40 that i can play with!

thanks for taking the time

paul1979

Distinguished Member
can i request that this thread is now archived as this option does not seem available to me for some reason

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Gee, here's a thought, get a couple piece of 20mm or 0.75 inch plywood or MDF and raise the TV up 1.5 inches. Seems like a problem solved to me.

Steve/bluewizard

paul1979

Distinguished Member
thnak you for the perls of wisdom but i want it to look good. anyhow as you will notice i have requested that this is closed. if the drop down of archive were there for me i would have done this myself. anyhow, thank you for the sarcastic suggetion despite it being poor imo!

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
Gee, here's a thought, get a couple piece of 20mm or 0.75 inch plywood or MDF and raise the TV up 1.5 inches. Seems like a problem solved to me.

Steve/bluewizard

:D I remember doing something similar a few years back, can't say it looked great ;) :D

Anyhow as the OP wants to spoil all the fun, thread now closed. :smashin: :devil: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom