Stupid Sky Question (Prem Plus)

WorKid

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am going to be at someone else's house the day of the big match (Wigan v Newcastle :) )
I have a Prem Plus sub (season ticket), they don't. Can I take my card round and watch, or do I have the tricky choice of paying another £7 or listening to 5Live instead??

Thanks

You will have to take box and card m8.Hope Wigan stuff em.

tut tut nailed on 3 points for the mighty mags ha ha.

Anyway, cheers. Probably will leave it then.

out of curiosity, wouldnt it need to come from same phone line as well tho?

If you already have a Prem+ sub then there is no need for the STB to be connected to the phone line, the details are stored on the card so you take the box/card combo anywhere you fancy (within sat coverage of course).

If that was impractical then you could marry the smartcard to another digibox for the suration the swap it back when you are done. Not sure if you would have to call SKY and get them to do it or if the New Install menu option would work.

I'm sure there's a way thru the set up menu that you can switch cards from one box to another. I know Sky take you thru this discretely when on some trechnical issues, but they won't openly tell you how to do it and I can't remember.

I'm sure there's a way thru the set up menu that you can switch cards from one box to another.

No there isn't. It can only be done by calling Sky.All a callback does is send the box details through to the Sky computers, it still has to be authorised by an operator at the call centre.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom