Stupid question....sub position in room

N

Neil_F

Hi all,
I realise it can be a case of "move it around till it sounds right" and a lot more besides but does it matter how close to the TV it is? Are they shielded so as not to interfere with the TV?
I am thinking of adding an MJA pro 50 to my sub-less set up.
Thanks all.

I don't think they are sheilded, a couple of feet should be enough gap.

Good choice on the sub btw ;)

neil, i dont like this bread box. the mj50 is a lightweight in terms on subwoofers and you should look somewhere else. if you cant afford a decent new sub, maybe a used rel st or something.

I can't speak for the Pro 50 but most subs are magnetically shielded. Indeed, placement is usually recommended along the same plane as the TV and front speakers. Check the manual as it will be stated somewhere if it is shielded.

The choice of sub is very much a compromise with the phrase "wife friendly" to the fore.
The manual ( I haven't actually bought it yet) on their web site doesn't say anything about shielding, as far as I can tell. I might e-mail them
Thanks all

"Very much a comprimise - must be wife friendly" NO! NO! NO! don`t you realise `a sub is for life and stuff the wife`comes into play in these situations :devil: NEVER comprimise on the bass.
All this coming from someone who is expecting a great 39" big black dustbin any day from the states,and :kisses: dosen`t know anything about it - yet!!! Expect a single BoneDaddy by the end of the week :rolleyes: although the site says the WAF wanes once the ladies hear the subs on their favaourite flicks - not so sure,but willing to try it.

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
"Very much a comprimise - must be wife friendly" NO! NO! NO! don`t you realise `a sub is for life and stuff the wife`comes into play in these situations :devil: NEVER comprimise on the bass.
All this coming from someone who is expecting a great 39" big black dustbin any day from the states,and :kisses: dosen`t know anything about it - yet!!! Expect a single BoneDaddy by the end of the week :rolleyes: although the site says the WAF wanes once the ladies hear the subs on their favaourite flicks - not so sure,but willing to try it.

Best of Luck mate, I will keep the spare room free for the end of the week, Just in case :eek: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bone Daddy
although the site says the WAF wanes once the ladies hear the subs on their favaourite flicks

I don't think there are too many chick-flicks which have a decent lowend you can test anyway:confused: ;)

Picking the `beast` up on wed`so keep that room open THX1138 - very kind of you to offer.
Been rearranging the room around today to accomadate the 16" footprint - thats not a problem,it`s the 39" of vertical tube she may frown upon :rolleyes: hopefully should be alright tucked in the corner with just the right amount of lighting,and half hidden behind a small table,might just have the life left in me to crawl to THX`s (I presume you want me to drag the beast along as part payment of rent??)
She likes many other films besides the `chick-flick` variety (although `Sleepless in Seattle` is in her top 3 - Harry Connick Jnr`s music may well sound v-nice)
Will start digging out the discs Toy Story 2/Gladiator/T-2/and some of her music disc`s and call the flower/chocalate shop,and keep everthing crossed,hope to post again :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom