1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid question really...VGA or component for DVD player?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Nimmo, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Nimmo

Nimmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right, new (and indeed first) DVD player means new cables. I'll be having an optical cable for the audio, but I was wondering if anyone could advise wether or not a VGA cable would be better than a component lead? Can VGA cables output prog scan, or would I need a component lead for that? Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap but decent lead?

Cheers. :)

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    VGA can be progressive scan (or non-interlaced as it's called in the PC world), but it also allows non-progressive scan (interlaced) display.
    VGA is probably better than component since it separates the colors and synchronization signals (aka RGBHV).

You didn't mention where you want to connect your DVD player, too, so please allow me to remark that of course your display device needs to be compatible in terms of connection and progressive scan support.

3. Nimmo

Nimmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers mate.

My apologies, it's the Samsung LE32R41B, so I'm assuming that I won't have any problems hopefully. :) Now, where can I buy a male - male VGA lead? :rolleyes: