Stupid Question (probably)

WozzaTT

Novice Member
I still haven't got my head round the difference between a widget and a program.

For example if I want to add Music to my homepage I see that it's available as either of the above. What would be the difference?

TIA

RedAl

Distinguished Member
I still haven't got my head round the difference between a widget and a program.

For example if I want to add Music to my homepage I see that it's available as either of the above. What would be the difference?

TIA
I`ve often wondered this. I "think" that programs are simply the small icon you add to one of the 7 home screens whereas some of the wdgets have the option of being bigger and showing more information. I`m sure there`s someone eout there that can explain it better than me tho ;-)

bigtunes

Novice Member
I`ve often wondered this. I "think" that programs are simply the small icon you add to one of the 7 home screens whereas some of the wdgets have the option of being bigger and showing more information. I`m sure there`s someone eout there that can explain it better than me tho ;-)
That's more or less it.

A programme is a shortcut to the programme, just like on your desktop on your pc.

A widget has a user interface.

To use the example in the op, the music programme opens the player, the widget allows you to play music and select tracks with out opening the 'full' player.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom