1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid question of screen size and distance for 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by booker, Jul 4, 2005.

1. booker

booker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,
    i got a really stupid question to make.

My distance will be 10' and i read on the infocus site the longer i can have is 72"

I was wondering if this is the real limit or the recommend limit?

THis 72" is with full zoom etc and the only way to get bigger size is by moving the projector back...

i`m asking this since if is the real limit, then i should go and buy a 72" screen, but if not, i`ll wait until i get the projector to decide how big my eyes can deal with it.

thanks

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I'd buy the PJ first, set it up where you want it, then see what size screen you need.

It is often very useful to have a bit of spare zoom to play with so the advice is don't go for max zoom in normal use...PJ :)

3. psflynn

psflynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Id agree with PJTX100 - set it up first - project onto plain wall - to get a good feel for the size. I have a 4805 - and i think the numbers sound about right.

Im glad i did experiment with screen size cos i decided upon a smaller screen than i had originally intended!

4. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What screen size did you go for in the end?, when I get mine "hopefully next week" from the same seller as you, it will be going in the loft so I will have a few problems. The apex of the roof is the biggest problem as that might determine what size screen I can go for. Anyway my room length is 16 FT and the height in the centre of the loft is 6FT 8 ins. Any ideas or problems on anything about the 4805 or my set-up would be very welcome :smashin: .

5. psflynn

psflynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    80" wide. pj at 13ish feet from screen. Picture is 203x114. For you in the loft, height along all the width may be an issue. Good screens at drhscreens - the pdf on the site includes dimensions of screens (visible & total).

Cheers

6. owey

owey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks psflynn