Quantcast

Stupid question freeview

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
just connect an ariel to the back,right?

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
For best results.....

Ideally, the right 'group' of aerial to suit your local transmitter.

And, the Freeview box should be the FIRST thing the aerial feeds, BEFORE any VCR or TV you may have.

MarkE19

IIRC not all Freeview boxes will output the signal via RF, you may need to connect to the TV via a scart lead.

Mark.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
ok thanks for the advice.

supersonic87

Standard Member
Originally posted by MarkE19
IIRC not all Freeview boxes will output the signal via RF, you may need to connect to the TV via a scart lead.

Mark.
Mark, thats correct, but Nigel is talking about RF loopthrough, not modulation (which sends the digiboxes picture via RF.). RF loopthrough allows you to use the aerial for the TV or VCR's analouge tuner to recieve analouge broadcasts.

Rich

MarkE19

Yeh I know, but I wasn't replying to Nigels post, but to MrFurious
origional question that I read as him saying 'do I only need to connect an RF lead to a STB to be able to watch Freeview'.

Mark.

MAW

Banned
In addition to Mark's comments, unless you are talking about a bedroom portable, surely you'd want a scart in any case. Even composite on scart is way better than RF modulated feed. If you need the modulation for more TV's around the house, make sure you research and buy a box with this feature. It's surprisingly rare, and as all sky boxes do it, and digital cable, it can come as a surprise not to find it on a freeeview box.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
it will be for the portable in the workshop....i mean bedroom:thumbsup: