1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid H30 question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Solomon Grundy, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    Hi guys

I haven't had my H30 too long but just have a quick question with regards to turning it off...

You click the button once and the screen says somethiing like "power off lamp?" and when you do this the light on the PJ turns amber and is shuts off with the fan running to cool the unit down. After a while the light on the PJ starts flasing green on and off. Is there any way to turn it off on the unit or do I have to switch it off at the wall?

The reason I ask is that I don't like to leave it with the green light flashing because I get the feeling it isn't good for it. Any answer would be great.

Cheers.

P.S. I love my H30!!!!!

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Well done the H30 is a great little unit, sorry to say though the green light on the power button stays flashing all the time and can only be stopped by turning off at the socket. It will not damage the unit in anyway leaving it on but does use bout 20w of energy in standby and in the dark can be alittle annoying!!
    How ever if your home is prone to power spikes its worth getting a anti surge plugin adaptor (if your gonna leave it in standby all the time).

CH

PS. Some people are recommending external PSU's in case of mains failure during a movie, which you can pickup for £30ish in Maplin etc..

3. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    Cheers, it is as I thought it would be. I will keep turning it off at the wall.

4. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How does the H30 compare with the Toshiba Mt200?

5. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,487
    I didn't see one in action, demo'd the H30 and 4805. I don't even need to go to the pub tonight to watch the footie! If it is your first PJ then you'll be blown away by almost any unit you have been looking at so far.