Stupid fridge question

chump

So inside my fridge is a dial with numbers on it which i presume is a way making the fridge cooler.

Thing is without an instruction manual would you assume that the higher the number you set - the cooler the temperature? This would be my assumption but then also it could be assumed that a lower number would make it cooler.

I'm confused :confused::rotfl:

chump

yeah i usually would but 3 days ago i got a 1.7kg turkey out the freezer and 2 days later it was still a little frozen so figured fridge was set too cold (packaging said 24 hours to defrost). Hence why i need to know how to make it less cold ;)

kevandalice

wait till the compressor is not running, then turn the dial each way and note which direction makes the compressor come on. This direction will be to make cooler

Julie

yeah i usually would but 3 days ago i got a 1.7kg turkey out the freezer and 2 days later it was still a little frozen so figured fridge was set too cold (packaging said 24 hours to defrost). Hence why i need to know how to make it less cold ;)
I'd recommend you purchase a fridge thermometer, in that way it will remove any doubt. They are relatively inexpensive at around fiver at most. Between 3 & 5 degrees C is the fridge temperature you should be aiming for.