1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid cabling Question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by gilesm, Dec 19, 2004.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

Stupid question of the day, but I'm going round in circles. I'm just setting up a 5.1 system, and hiding all the cables in trunking. I've bought some QED WM09 Speaker Socket Outlets so I can plug my speakers into the wall without loads of cables hanging around. I've also bought QED Silver Anniversary cable. Here lies the problem.

I've stripped the sheething of the wire, but I can't for the life of me get he wire into the holes at the back of the wall sockets, to me it just looks too wide for the holes. Everytime I push them in some of the wires go through but a lot just fray out.

This is the first cabling job I've done with this stuff. Do all of the wires need to be in the hole? Has anyone got any hints how to do this? Is there some sort of crimp need? I spoke to the hifi shop about this and they just said solder the wires to the back of the plug. Is this what I should be doing?

Thanks