Stupid annoying forwarded emails

mcfarfs

Ex Member
Reaction score
I keep getting emails from people in my address book (mostly people I used to be friends with but havn't spoken too in years) saying stuff like:

"i dont know if this is true but it wont do any harm by sending it

On the 1st of november , we will have to
pay for the use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message to
at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe
me then go to the site ( www.msn.com ) and see for yourself. Anyways once
you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts , your msn dude will become
blue. please copy and paste don't forward cos people won't take notice of it
otherwise i cant be bothered to pay for msn.
"

"hey everyone dont normally send this sort of stuff out but had a look on
internet and its actually true . On the 1st of november , we will have to
pay for the use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message to
at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe
me then go to the site ( www.msn.com ) and see for yourself. Anyways once
you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts , your msn dude will become
blue. please copy and paste don't forward cos people won't take notice of it
otherwise i cant be bothered to pay for msn.
"

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

And other such :censored: . I don't for a second think this is true, but why oh why do people forward stuff like this???! :lease:

Does hotmail automatically forward certain emails?

i love taking the unwanted liquid out of my colleagues at work whenever one of them passes it on......i just think, you sad numbskulls......like something as new as email is likely to have any mystical power over your life..........i could understand people believing in ancient rites and traditional mystic powers etc.......but email????...wow.....please, wear this 'Stupid - Avoid Me' hat please........

i remember one girl forwarding a chain mail, she sent it to me and some other people 5 times as apparently that was what you had to do, not just to multiple people, but multiple times!!........so i went up to her and said what on earth are you doing? she said, well, as it says, if this email isnt forward so many times blah blah this girl in Kentucky wont get her new kidney and will die of sicklecell (scuse the spelling)........and there was a picture of the girl in the email for this one to make it all the more heart-rending.....

a white girl

now far as i can remember, white people dont get sicklecell......and a new kidney wouldnt do anything anyhow......tried to explain this and that the email is just some idiots attempt to slow down the internet........so she called me heartless and didnt understand how people can suffer......at which point i gave up and walked away shaking my head....

got one of thsoe ones saying if you forward to 20 friends you get a free mobile phone

the friend sent the forward saying how silly these hoax emails were, but it might have been a coincidence, but she sent it to 19 other people

hmm

The Mods have just PMed me to say that if this thread gets 20 posts then I get upgraded to a Premium Member :) It must be true because I read it on the internet

krish72 said:
it almost always is :D

Sadly not no!

The worst offender I have is a 50 year old Uncle, no matter how many times I tell him he wont get a "Free Ipod", "voucher for 100gbp"... etc .... he still keeps sending them!!!!!! :rotfl:

My favorite is from the numpties at work who get emails with attachments "that don't need virus scanning, as they're virus free, it says so on the bottom of the email" :rolleyes:. So we just bar all attachments.

I had to illustrate this to a very senior manager (okay, a director), by writing "This is a £20 note" on a piece of paper, and explaining to him that just because it said so, it wasn't necessarily true.

Knyght_byte said:
i love taking the unwanted liquid out of my colleagues at work whenever one of them passes it on......i just think, you sad numbskulls......like something as new as email is likely to have any mystical power over your life..........i could understand people believing in ancient rites and traditional mystic powers etc.......but email????...wow.....please, wear this 'Stupid - Avoid Me' hat please........

i remember one girl forwarding a chain mail, she sent it to me and some other people 5 times as apparently that was what you had to do, not just to multiple people, but multiple times!!........so i went up to her and said what on earth are you doing? she said, well, as it says, if this email isnt forward so many times blah blah this girl in Kentucky wont get her new kidney and will die of sicklecell (scuse the spelling)........and there was a picture of the girl in the email for this one to make it all the more heart-rending.....

a white girl

now far as i can remember, white people dont get sicklecell......and a new kidney wouldnt do anything anyhow......tried to explain this and that the email is just some idiots attempt to slow down the internet........so she called me heartless and didnt understand how people can suffer......at which point i gave up and walked away shaking my head....

a white girl with sickle cell anaemia :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom