Stunning Sennheiser, pay out for Polk, or yes to Yamaha?

MartyMcfly84

Novice Member
Reaction score
Advice please!... I currently have a 6.1, self built surround system comprising various makes and models of speakers and a Sony amp. I also have a 92" screen and 4k Optoma projector, SKY 4k and a 4k blu ray player and i'm very pleased with the sound and visuals. Problem is i'm about to move house and have decided (due to lack of space and no motivation to set up a full 6.1 system all over again) now is the time to downsize my speaker array as much as possible.
I need a soundbar which will recreate as closely as possible the quality and power of sound i am used to. The size of the soundbar isn't a problem (the bigger the better) but i am thinking Dolby atmos enabled to try and emulate the surround aspect. Ideally i would keep my REL sub rather than buy a system with a wireless sub. I also need 4k passthrough for the projector as it only has 1 input (non ARC) and audio in for my record player. As for budget if money was no object i wouldn't hesitate to get the SENNHEISER AMBEO, but that would be a big stretch for me!!! Probably closer to £1200 limit. I have been considering the YAMAHA YSP-5600, the SAMSUNG HW-Q range, the POLK MAGNIFY MAXI (more speakers than i need) even the DALI KUBIK ONE (no HDMI) and SONOS PLAYBAR (no HDMI).

Thank you if you have read this far! Any advice greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
Is there a TV as well as the projector? The issue with all soundbars is the single HDMI out if you need to be able to switch between TV and PJ

Is there a TV as well as the projector? The issue with all soundbars is the single HDMI out if you need to be able to switch between TV and PJ
No TV in this system, i don't think this would be a problem, as far as i know i can connect the sky box and blu ray player to HDMI in and use the bar to switch between them? Correct me if i'm wrong

Advice please!... I currently have a 6.1, self built surround system comprising various makes and models of speakers and a Sony amp. I also have a 92" screen and 4k Optoma projector, SKY 4k and a 4k blu ray player and i'm very pleased with the sound and visuals. Problem is i'm about to move house and have decided (due to lack of space and no motivation to set up a full 6.1 system all over again) now is the time to downsize my speaker array as much as possible.
I need a soundbar which will recreate as closely as possible the quality and power of sound i am used to. The size of the soundbar isn't a problem (the bigger the better) but i am thinking Dolby atmos enabled to try and emulate the surround aspect. Ideally i would keep my REL sub rather than buy a system with a wireless sub. I also need 4k passthrough for the projector as it only has 1 input (non ARC) and audio in for my record player. As for budget if money was no object i wouldn't hesitate to get the SENNHEISER AMBEO, but that would be a big stretch for me!!! Probably closer to £1200 limit. I have been considering the YAMAHA YSP-5600, the SAMSUNG HW-Q range, the POLK MAGNIFY MAXI (more speakers than i need) even the DALI KUBIK ONE (no HDMI) and SONOS PLAYBAR (no HDMI).

Thank you if you have read this far! Any advice greatly appreciated...
i have a dali kubik one and a beosound stage, the stage is amazing , better dynamics bass and nearly as clear as the dali but with the advantage of hdmi arc etc, so for tv/movies the stage every time for music only the dali makes a very good blutooth speaker.
my next purchase will be a sub for the dali as i really feel it needs it compared to the stage.

Where will be the Soudbar be placed when you have a Projection screen?

A room layout plan would be good to see.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom