Stumped for a Present for Three/Four Year Old Girl.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget around £25. Give me some ideas please :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Mike.

We've got something like that already - though less Princessy.

Dressing up dress.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How about some play-doh :)

Or an alternative is rather than buying a present in the traditional sense i.e toy etc, maybe some clothes.

You could buy her a cute outfit or something, or some little cute shoes :laugh:

I'm being serious, most people always assume toys, or something for the child to use, and clothes etc can be just as good.

Ok the child won't enjoy the present but the parents will find it handy.

Last edited:
I think girls,even at quite a young age, like clothes. Especially slightly special clothes. I remember a friends daughter (aged 5ish) being incredibly excited over knickers with days of the week on them.

Boys, on the other hand, are likely to see clothes as a complete non-present

Mine's 3. She wants 2 barbies, Clothes for her other dollies, a dolly that sleeps and cries at night (We already have one that wee's) Tesco Direct has loads of stuff on sale at the moment it's worth checking them out.

My Daughter is 3, we got her - Leapfrog Tag Learning Pen w/ Some Books, Some Board Games, ie Kerplunk, some playdoh with shape cutters, hellokitty jewel station and a chocolate lolly maker lol.

Budget around £25. Give me some ideas please :thumbsup:

For £27 we got our 4yr old lad the V-Tech Kidizoom "Twist" digital camera, problem is it was not £27 on Amazon for long, and prices can vary all the way up to £55!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vtech-Kidiz...NUZI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323425201&sr=8-2 :( not the price you were looking for!

How about Playmobil? Lego? Always a winner, and not just for boys?

How about these?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hello-Kitty..._1_207?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1323425763&sr=1-207

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-501166..._1_160?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1323425717&sr=1-160

Last edited:
Does she watch much TV? If so what are her favourite shows?

There are stacks of related paraphenalia out there for most shows, especially for the girls...Peppa Pig, Ben & Hollys Little Kingdom, Fifi and the Flowertots etc

Does she watch much TV? If so what are her favourite shows?

Get the child to be constructive, musical, or physical, not something based on TV. :-/

What about a bike? Musical instrument?

Last edited:
Board games that suit a younger child are always good (and help with the counting) Good for older kids to join in with as well. We still sit down and play games like Ludo (2 vs 2) and Frustration etc. Frustration is good as it has the dice popper and the dice doesnt go everywhere like it does when kids throw a loose one :)

Other than that games like Build a Beetle are also good for little ones - shake a dice and build a plastic bug based on the number you shake

Girly Lego is also good - my daughter has lots of little house/farm kits

Last edited:
Get the child to be constructive, musical, or physical, not something based on TV. :-/

What about a bike? Musical instrument?

Hey it's not like I said buy her all the Dvd's of the shows and leave her in front of the TV all Xmas.

Toys, bikes/scooters, musical instruments etc based on favourite shows can be a good way to get kids involved where they might not otherwise be interested. :smashin:

I have a 4yr old niece and there is only one way to deal with her presents. Before each birthday or xmas I call my brother and find out what her current obsession is...this year it's Disney Princess so I've gone out and got her a Disney Princess doll of some kind (even sent my brother a picture to confirm!)

That's all that matters - it usually has to be whatever she is into. Board games can work but I would check what she likes first :)

My 3.5 years old daughter has asked for a two wheeled scooter and a selection box for Christmas. Other ideas are Lego, child version of Meccano,

For £27 we got our 4yr old lad the V-Tech Kidizoom "Twist" digital camera, problem is it was not £27 on Amazon for long, and prices can vary all the way up to £55!

My 10 year old son and his 5 year old friend played for hours with theirs on holiday

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom