Stump Furniture do it again

ChrisCol

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I don’t often post stuff on forums but I wanted to put something up about my recent purchase from Stump Furniture.

I’ve used this site as a great source of info when researching my recent AV purchases and I was looking to see what everyone was doing regarding AV units to house all their gear. I just couldn’t seem to find anywhere that sold something with enough space to accommodate the kit I’d bought but which also looked good.

I saw several mentions of Stuart at Stump Furniture so I thought I’d give him a go. It looked like just the type of thing I was after and being able to specify the sizes was a real bonus. I used a design from his website as a template but used my own dimensions and details.

I produced a basic design in SketchUp and sent it through to Stuart. He was very prompt with his reply and offered up a number of suggestions to improve my design. Once we were both happy, he set about making the piece.

So, it’s now 6 weeks later and my new AV unit has arrived. All I can say is that I’m extremely happy with the result. The guys at Stump have done a great job and I think it looks amazing.

The delivery guy was great and the unit was packed up very securely to ensure it arrived in perfect condition.

If you want a piece of well-made furniture, made to your design, using the materials of your choice and delivered with care, then it’s definitely worth checking out Stump Furniture.
AV Furniture, Media Walls and TV Cabinets - Stump Furniture

Chris
AV Sketch.jpg
AVUnit1.JPG
AVUnit2.JPG
AVUnit3.JPG

Very nice just what I am looking for.

A very nice piece, congratulations! :clap:. I would recommend Stump Furniture/Stuart to anyone looking for something bespoke. I got my unit made by them and I love it and it was a real beast. Stuart was very helpful, I only wish he had warned me tabout the weight of it:) . I dont know how the two delivery guys got it in the house as me and the missus tried to move it and we thought OOOPS WHAT HAVE I DONE! I certainly got a solid unit which had no chance of bowing under the weight of all the goodies placed on it.

"Wow."it's beautiful - reminds me a little of my old custom DuOppli

jealous! How big is your TV by the way? I'm hoping to convince the lady we can go the same route but @ 2m wide and a 55" wall mounted above.

That's a really nice setup, I've been looking for somewhere like this that does custom build.

The issue for me is my large CA Azur 640r av amp which with the generic units you see will not allow adequate ventilation... I've just ordered a 50" tv which now means this corner is going to have to be redone as my 37" fits perfectly on the stand just.

I hate the glass stand I have at the moment. The next issue is the speakers I think with a bigger tv I'm going to have to move it to under the picture along that wall and the chair is going to have to swap places in order to not be too cramped.

I'm going to do a separate post for ideas but let me know if you have any initial thoughts based on what you went through to specify yours etc.

See attached pic:

ImageUploadedByAVForums1417219719.565032.jpg

jealous! How big is your TV by the way? I'm hoping to convince the lady we can go the same route but @ 2m wide and a 55" wall mounted above.
Hi Matt, sorry, only just seen your post. The TV is a 40" Samsung and the unit is just 1530mm wide.

The great thing about Stump are that they will make it to any size you want.

Chris

That's a really nice setup, I've been looking for somewhere like this that does custom build.

The issue for me is my large CA Azur 640r av amp which with the generic units you see will not allow adequate ventilation... I've just ordered a 50" tv which now means this corner is going to have to be redone as my 37" fits perfectly on the stand just.

I hate the glass stand I have at the moment. The next issue is the speakers I think with a bigger tv I'm going to have to move it to under the picture along that wall and the chair is going to have to swap places in order to not be too cramped.

I'm going to do a separate post for ideas but let me know if you have any initial thoughts based on what you went through to specify yours etc.

See attached pic:

View attachment 532565
Hi Richard,

I went through the same thing. I had an old 28" Panasonic CRT TV (I know!) on it's own integrated stand sitting in the corner of my room. I also had free standing NXT speakers (pioneer) either side.

I knew I wanted to ditch the TV (obviously) and the speakers and I'd decided to go bookshelf type rather than free standing. Those decisions basically meant I had to move the unit out onto a wall rather than leave it in the corner. It also meant that I went from 2 small sofas to 1 sofa to accommodate it!

Initially I thought about leaving the TV in the corner but that would have limited the size if the TV and I'd seen other stump items and really wanted one!! All the glass stands I'd seen just didn't do it for me and none of them had the space for a decent sized amp.

If your room can accommodate it, I'd definitely move the TV onto the wall. I also found that I could place my surround speakers in better positions.

Hope that helps

Chris

Looks good , I take it you drew inspiration from mine?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom