Stump Furniture - Bespoke TV Unit

Think it arrives today, fingers crossed, I'm also expecting a shipment of an Epson AirPrint photo printer which will be going in the unit, direct printing wirelessly, not even a driver from any IOS device. Nice to just browse photos on iphone on the sofa and print directly in front of us.

Couple more days max I would presume until the shelf..

Hey Simon - have you managed to get it all setup yet? :D

All setup now, will get some photos by tommorow.

Btw, I've had a number of PM's from people requesting my design and do I mind etc, answer, no I really don't mind at all, feel free to copy away if it suits your requirements.

I can't find the plans right now but if you contact Stuart at Stump furniture and ask for Simons plan from Avforums , I've tod him it's fine to send them to you.

Hope that helps guys, mine looks great, photos, perhaps even a video to follow.

Hi guys, loving the pics on this thread, I have been looking for something to put my AV kit on for a few weeks now and couldn't find anything I liked so now looking to go down the custom route, would sensei and Simon mind posting up or dropping me a PM with approximate costs?

Been in touch with Stuart tonight @ Stump but I am looking for something VERY similar to sensi/simonh's designs (with a hidden compartment at the back to put a sub in) so a rough idea on costs would be appreciated.

Hi, Stuart will be able to give you all the costs, mine was very specific, solid oak etc and 6cm bezelling etc, everybodies quote will be entirely different.

Photos coming up now.

Hi, Stuart will be able to give you all the costs, mine was very specific, solid oak etc and 6cm bezelling etc, everybodies quote will be entirely different.

Photos coming up now.

Ok some photos for you guys.

I honestly don't know exactly what you're seeing as it may depend on monitors etc, on my Dell monitor, the wood looks much darker than it is, almost a red colour in a few of the shots, but the true colour is s actually a light oak finish, which is more clear in some of the images.

Hope this helps, very happy, looks great and I was able to match the bezel width etc to my book shelves and so on on the other side of the room.

pc080029.jpg

pc080027.jpg

pc080026.jpg

pc080025.jpg

pc080018.jpg

Last edited:
It looks amazing in situ Simon! Your camera makes it look much more orange in the wide angle shots than it obviously is in the close up.

I'm going to be getting an order in with Stuart in the new year. :thumbsup:

Me too Jimbo, just need to get round to sorting out a design and putting it onto paper.

It really does look good , but far more so in reality than images, you'll love yours in the flesh.

Stump Furniture have just made this for me i think its great! Gets delivered on monday :)

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

I've now put my initial design into Stuart @ Stump, hopefully sort out a price and any small changes in the next few weeks with a view to taking delivery in late Jan/early Feb 2012. Will update the thread with pics as & when.

Hi everyone,

I too have been using Stump Furniture. I emailed my design in late Nov / early Dec and the unit was delivered a few days before Xmas, so very happy with the timing :)

I had had a very hard time finding a suitable unit as I was getting the ATC C3C centre, which is extremely large. Very few 'off the shelf' units could fit this centre at all, and all I could find cost upwards of £2k. This was a significant saving, and IMO the custom fit not only looks much better but is great practically, for hiding wires etc. (I still need to tuck my aerial lead away ;) )

Anyway, photos:

AV20-12-11196.jpg

AV20-12-11198.jpg

AV20-12-11200.jpg

AV20-12-11208.jpg

AV20-12-11205.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

It's a pre / pro rather than a receiver (PR-SC886) so has no power amplification in it, that's done by the Primare A30.5 in the centre. As it happens, it gets slightly warm to the touch (similar to the Primare) but there is a 1cm gap above and to the sides (more to the left, due to the design), and it is open front and back. It gives me no concerns :)

Well my AV unit is being built this coming week by Stump in 32mm Beech. Should receive it probably w/c 6th Feb.

Well my Stump AV unit arrived today, quite chuffed with it and would recommend anyone else looking for a custom AV unit to give Stuart a call.

Here is a pic of mine before it left Stump's place:

StumpAVUnit27-01-2012-FullFrontView.jpg

Nice one :smashin: If you get some time, it would be great to see some pics of the finished article in situ :)

IMG_0789_edited-1.jpg

Do you reckon if I sent them a photo of my new kitchen cupboards they'd be able to match it from that?

I'm not after anything special but I would like it to be 55cm high minimum and there's not a lot available out there in maple.

Stuart is very accommodating and adaptable so probably, yes. I'd get in touch with him and see.

I have had a cabinet from stuart at stump delivered all the way to wales. Excellent piece of furniture perfect match to my existing cabinets for my main living room. Very Happy with it and looks superb

Mine has a false bottom and removable back with adjustable shelves.

Would not hesitate to recommend getting a unit and the best thingis that itis unique

joe

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 606
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,761
What sort of prices are we talking about for these units?

Stump Furniture have just made this for me i think its great! Gets delivered on monday :)

Is that the actual finish or was there still varnish/wax to be applied? Looks pretty interesting as is...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom