1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff to watch out for on TV!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, May 22, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I thought some of you may be interested in the following shows, as they are likely to have gone unnoticed.

ITV - most regions (Tuesday 27th May @ 23:00)
    Crossing Jordan (Episode 1, Season 1)
    New US drama about a female medical examiner. Already aired on Hallmark, but supposed to be very good, and a nice compliment to shows like "CSI" and "Law And Order: Special Victims Unit".

ITV - again, most regions (Wednesday 28th May @ 22:30)
    Dragnet (Season 1, Episode 1 of 13)
    Critically-acclaimed 2002-remake of the original US radio and TV crime drama, starring Ed O'Neill, Jon Polito and Lindsay Crouse. From the producers of "Law And Order"!

Five - late night on Friday 30th May @ 00:30)
    Animatrix: Second Rennaisance - Part 1
    Five are transmitting another "Animatrix" episode. Part 2 may be on at a later date, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet. Another WORLD TV PREMIERE! Expect it to be uncut, and in glorious 2.35:1 widescreen as well!

Oh, and "Angel" has now gone on to Five, as well, starting in early-June 2003, with Season 3 and 4, being shown back-to-back, in widescreen, and probably with a late-night uncut repeat! (At the moment, Five are intending to air this around 8/9pm, midweek, or maybe replacing "Boomtown" when that ends on Tuesday 27th May 2003.) Either way, thank God Channel Four have NOT got it any longer!

:clap: for Five!!! Hope these shows are of interest to you folks! :)

Pooch

2. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Animatrix. Cool! Thanks Pooch :smashin:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    Is Animatrix on before then on Five, they said look out for an other one in the next seven days last night.

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thank you Pooch, will try Crossing Jordan and Dragnet, wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't posted. :)

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    6 feet under is back on sunday too

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Anyone know when SFU series three will be on E4 ?

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Garrett,

I also heard the Five announcer mention another dose of "Animatrix" in the next seven days, but I think they must have got their wires crossed a little. The only "Animatrix" stuff I can find, is that listed above, in my original post. The exception to that, would be if "Animatrix" gets shown as part of another show, or is to be shown between two other shows. However, I doubt this. Five would be getting fairly good viewing figures for these, and I expect that the TV rights would have been fairly expensive, especially as they are all World TV premieres!

Six Feet Under (Season 3) has still not been confirmed as being aired on E4. However, I expect it will start in roughly 3 months time, after "SFU: Season 2" ends on Channel 4. Plus, "Big Brother 4" will finally have been put out of its misery.

Is anyone else dreading Channel 4 and E4 for the next 3 months, because of "Butt Blubber 4" being on constantly?! All our favourite shows will be dropped, rescheduled at the last minute, or simply cancelled, because of this tripe! Boo, Channel 4!!!! Boo, E4!!! Maybe we could watch the Channel 4 and E4 staff, to see what they actually get up to, every day! I doubt it would show them doing much though... apart from locating that single brain-cell they all seem to share, when it comes to TV scheduling! :D

Pooch

8. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Big Brother is total crud, I'm starting to feel same way about C4 / E4 too. Way too many DOGS, last night had to suffer BRAND NEW E4 and BIG BROTHER -1 , could hardly see the programme !

9. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    4 animatrix episodes are available to download from intothematrix.com:lesson:

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    I have just watched the Detectives Story from the seriesand did not think much of it, may be I needed to watch them all to get it in context.:(

11. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Important update! "Crossing Jordan" starts tonight at 11pm, so don't forget that, and..... Five is showing THREE MORE "ANIMATRIX" episodes!!! :clap: :clap:

Late on Friday night, 30th May "Second Rennaisance - Part 1"
    Late on Saturday night, 31st, "Second Rennaisance - Part 2"
    Sunday at Midnight, 1st June, "K.I.D.'s Story"
    Late on Monday night, 2nd June, "World Record"

Five must have paid a fortune to get World TV rights to these short films! Well done, Five!!

Oh, and "Angel" Season 3, starts on Monday 2nd June at 20:00 hours, as well!

Pooch

12. SOUNDSTYLE

SOUNDSTYLE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    The only programme which interests me from the above is 'Animatrix', and that's because I've never heard of it.
    Can someone explain what it's about and who stars in it (if anyone).

13. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

"The Animatrix" is a series of nine animated shorts, based on "The Matrix" films. They are all Japanese animations, but in English language, and are created in different styles, e.g. hand-drawn animation, CGI-only ala "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within", black-and-white, etc.

There are no actors in it, per se, although Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss do do a couple of the voices.

All nine are out on DVD on June 2nd, both here and in the USA, but you can get to see some of them on TV first, to help you decide whether or not you like them.

Pooch

14. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Late addendum:

Following the grave news last week that Channel 4 in the UK had decided not to purchase the second season of "Alias", (hurray!!!),
    Channel Five have snapped up seasons two and three of Sidney Bristow's adventures. Under the terms of the deal with Buena Vista International Television, the owners of the series, FIVE will be able to screen both seasons two and three later in 2003! :clap: FIVE :clap:

"MacGuyver" starts on Bravo on 2nd June 2003, daily at 3:30pm and 7pm.

"Early Edition" Season 4, starts on Monday 2nd June, at 6am.

"Philly", the acclaimed US legal drama starts a rerun on SKy 1, after its appalling treatment by Channel 4 over the Christmas 2002/New Year 2003 period. Starts late night, on Monday 2nd June at about 3:55am.

"VIP" starts a complete run on Bravo, from early July 2003, daily at 9:30am and 4pm as well. They will air all 88 episodes, unlike Sky 1 did, but bear in mind this is a pretty brain-dead show, as it stars Pamela "They are Real!" Anderson!

Also, "Dragnet" starts at 22:30 tonight on ITV.

Pooch - the walking, talking, Radio Times! :D