1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff coming soon on TV - Urgent!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Oct 9, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Quick updates:

BAN THIS FILTH (Starts on Channel 4, Tuesday 12th October, 11:05-11:40pm)
    A brilliant new spoof comedy show, about three lady pensioners doing a Mary Whitehouse, and trying to clean-up TV, by showing all the violent, sick, crude, and dodgy TV show clips we're suppossed to avoid this week! Supposedly very, very dark, twisted and funny!

BATTLESTAR: GALACTICA
    - The two-part Pilot Movie has now been re-scheduled! Part 1 will now air on Thursday 14th (9-11:05pm), with Part 2 on Friday 15th October (also between 9-11:05pm).
    -The actual series will then start on Monday 18th October at 8pm or 9pm on Sky One. (Sky are still not certain which time-slot to put it on, as content issues have not yet been approved. Depending on if later episodes contain more mature subject matter or not, will dictate either the later 9pm start time.) This will be the WORLD PREMIERE of this show! That's a handy two-finger salute to the US fans! :D

STARGATE: ATLANTIS (Starts on Sky 1, Tuesday 12th October, 9-10pm)
    The new sci-fi spin-off show, will get its European Premiere, on Sky 1. Based on the acclaimed and popular "Stargate SG-1" TV show, this follows a crew of explorers who discover the fabled Lost City of Atlantis, on the other side of their Stargate. I don't know if you need to know the background to Stargate, to enjoy this show, but let's hope it lives up to its claims.

Pooch

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Thanks for the info pooch...but I don't have Sky :(
    Is there any news of the new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA mini serie's coming to dvd? I already have the pilot which was excellent.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    The pilot they released on DVD is the mini-series mate.
    It was originally a mini-series but then the show got the go ahead to be made into a proper series so it has changed from being a mini-series to the pilot episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.
    As for when we can expect the new BSG series on DVD, probaley not until it has at least finished being aired in the US so maybe the end of next year but that is just a guess.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Again,

Yep, the two-part 185 minute Pilot Movie is already out on UK Region 2 DVD, for rental and retail. It's an anamorphic 1.85:1 widescreen version, with Dolby Surround sound, if memory serves. There are no extras. I have no idea if Sky 1 will air the Pilot Movie in Widescreen or not, and I have no info as to whether the rest of Season 1 was filmed in 16:9 or not. If it was, I do hope SKy 1 show it in this way, and not 4:3.

Season 1, of the new Battlestar Galactica series will now look like this:

SEASON ONE – 2004/2005
    1) Pilot Movie (Two 2-hour episodes, aka Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series)
    2) Water
    3) Bastille Day
    4) Act Of Contrition
    5) Thirty-Three
    6) You Can’t Go Home Again
    7) Litmus
    8) Six Degrees Of Separation
    9) Flesh And Bone
    10) Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
    11) The Hand Of God
    12) Colonial Day
    13) Kobol’s Last Gleaming – Part 1
    14) Kobol’s Last Gleaming – Part 2 (Season 1 Finale)

The reason episode 10 is called "Tigh Me Up..." rather than "Tie Me Up...", is because a character called Captain Tigh is involved in that particular plotline, hence the play on the spelling of the phrase "Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down"! :lesson:

As Sky 1 is getting the World Premiere of the show, and because the US isn't airing it until early-2005 (for some bizarre reason), a DVD release won't happen until early-2006, due to what is known as syndication rights! Essentially, that's where various US local TV stations can all air the series, but at times when they want to, not necessarily when the main broadcasters would prefer it to be. Think of it being the US equivalent to ITV regionalisation. Hence some channels might air at 9pm on a Monday, whilst others might air it after Midnight. A DVD release will also depend on the ratings in the UK and US. If it doesn't do that well, then a DVD release is unlikely for the time being.

Pooch

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    The DVD of the Mini-Series actually has Dolby Digital 5.1 which suprised me quite abit as I was just expected stereo and it also has one extra called "Battlestar Galactica: The Lowdown" which is about 25mins long and has interviews with the cast, think the Sci-Fi channel showed it last year about a week before the Mini-Series aired.

I was just wondering though, considering the Mini-Series was released on DVD here quite a few months ago where as the R1 wont be available until after christmas, what are the chances that the new series will be released on DVD over here first?

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Indiana,

I guess chance depends on the ratings from Sky 1. If it does well, or gets critical acclaim from the notoriously conservative British media, then we may get a DVD release first. However, I wouldn't bet on it, until you've seen it on Sky, or we start to get feedback from US viewers.

Pooch

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    I still laugh out load when I think about the UK airing the new BSG series next week where as on the official website it says January 2005, they arent making it widely known that the UK is getting it first are they, same thing happened when we had the Mini-Series on DVD first, I went on the US forums and they wouldnt believe me, I ended up scanning the disc and dvd cover and taking some screenshots, was only after that that they believed I actually had it lol

Either way I am looking forward to it, that and the new Farscape Mini-Series, wonder when that will air in the UK.

8. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    My DVD recorder is coming out of monthballs then.

Already have the pilot movie on DVD from when it was shown on Sky Movies so have time to buy in some more -r's :smashin:

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

More "Battlestar Galactica" news!

Sky 1 are showing the 2004 Pilot Movie in two different ways! Firstly, you can either watch it, split into two parts over two nights, on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th October, (between 9-11pm), as mentioned in my first post at the beginning of this thread. Alternatively, you can watch the entire movie, in one sitting, on Saturday 16th October, between 10pm and 1:30am!

Nothing is being cut for the 9pm transmissions, but at least you get a choice, to watch it in two smaller parts, or one long behemoth of a movie. Let's jsut hope that the Pilot Movie is shown in widescreen, and pray that the show (if that is filmed in 16:9 format) also gets the same widescreen transmission!

Also, Sky Movies are showing the 1979 original "Battlestar Galactica" movie today. The next showing is at 6:20pm I believe, on Sky Movies 6.

Oh, and there's an hour-long "Battlestar Galactica" 2004 documentary abouit the making of the new interpretation of the series, plus interviews with the cast and crew showing over the next few days on both Sky 1 and Sky 1 Mix. Please check your local TV listings for times and dates of transmission, as I don't have them to hand.

Cheers!

Pooch