[Study] Participants needed for an experiment in virtual reality (18+, Oculus/Cardboard)

ConnectToCompassion

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Do you own an Oculus OR a Google Cardboard (or similar mobile-headset) combined with an Android phone? We could really use your help to explore the potential of Virtual Reality techniques! We are doing a study on a VR Training aimed at helping people cope with loneliness or depression.

All participants have a chance to win an Oculus Go virtual reality headset!

We are three Bachelor students working on our final thesis from Eindhoven University of Technology. We are performing a study on new methods for increasing self-compassion.

First, we will ask you some questions about yourself, and then you will perform a training in VR that takes about 10 minutes in which you will learn to express compassion. Afterward, we will ask you some questions about your experience in the virtual environment. The total time will be about 30 minutes. We know that this is quite long, but you could really help us by finishing the whole survey! It's 18+ because of consent and has nothing to do with the contents of the experiment.

To participate, open this link through your computer. Connect to compassion

Enjoy and thank you!
If you have any questions about the study, feel free to email ([email protected]) or DM us.

The Coronavirus has made it difficult to conduct VR experiments if you want to help more researchers please visit this website to be able to participate in a variety of experiments: XRDRN - XR Distributed Research Network

Roomdisplay.jpeg
Student team.png

@ConnectToCompassion

Can you please forward me your university credentials and a university supplied email address or Uni bio page where you can be contacted. We only permit surveys from authenticated university students.

Thanks

The forum seems to be getting a lot of these sort of threads of late.
maybe if the above is fulfilled there could be a section for ongoing participation. It could be a benefit for all of us and maybe a bit of fun.

I'm obviously not the only one whose cynicism alarm rings when I read these things though.

Without proper proof of identity, we could just be doing a load of free market research for someone.

Which we may elect to do anyway, but would still do even if they were just honest and said that was what it was.

Edit - actually looks like this one could be real as the survey is hosted by the University.

I'm obviously not the only one whose cynicism alarm rings when I read these things though.

Without proper proof of identity, we could just be doing a load of free market research for someone.

Which we may elect to do anyway, but would still do even if they were just honest and said that was what it was.

Edit - actually looks like this one could be real as the survey is hosted by the University.

Thank you for considering participating, we understand your concerns, hope that the information we provided for the moderator is enough to confirm we are university students, but if you need any more details please let us know!

Thank you, Leonie.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom