Studio shed build - blog

I was told by my employers to delete them and not to do them any more, so alas these were the last of mine.

Why is it any business of your employer what photographs you're taking? What job do you do?

Why is it any business of your employer what photographs you're taking? What job do you do?
One where it is his employers business to tell him what he can and can't do in his spare time :)

Hope he gets paid out of hours for them doing this. fudgeing slave trade bollocks that is really.

One where it is his employers business to tell him what he can and can't do in his spare time :)

If its illegal, then fair play, or against his contract (using their facilities/equipment).....

If its 100% legal, then employers can't dictate (and whilst shots like that, as a photographer, I'd never take...... I know I still have a right to take them).

I'll let @Thug explain :D

If he's allowed to :devil:

More importantly, is it just public domain stuff that's not allowed or the actual taking of pictures, my PM always open ;) :D

I work in the public eye dealing directly with members of the public and it was seen as not acceptable for me to be taking them.
Cant go into any more detail or I could (and have previously) get into even more trouble.
Its a job that dictactes your work life, private life, social life and hobbies and to be fair isn't very well paid either and if I could get out and move to another similarly paid job then I probably would.
But i'm not bitter :thumbsdow

I work in the public eye dealing directly with members of the public and it was seen as not acceptable for me to be taking them.
Cant go into any more detail or I could (and have previously) get into even more trouble.
Its a job that dictactes your work life, private life, social life and hobbies and to be fair isn't very well paid either and if I could get out and move to another similarly paid job then I probably would.

That's not good though it doesn't surprise me at all, great little set up there :thumbsup:

Copper?

Sorry to hear this thug, it was clear to see from the build how much you enjoyed photography so that's a kick in the balls.

Sent from mTalk

It can still be used for still life etc though...

If you want to learn how to light well, you practice with still life, not people.

A scantily clad apple isn't quite up there with exhibit double D though is it

I'm just as much of a red blooded male as anyone else, but in all honesty, I've never understand the obsession with photographers wanting to take glamour shots.

Now a beautifully lit still life, thats a whole different story, and far more challenging. If the fact that you don't "need a studio" on the basis that you can't do glamour photos anymore, then really you have to be honest and admit, you're more interested in perving on the woman, than taking the photo.

I'm just as much of a red blooded male as anyone else, but in all honesty, I've never understand the obsession with photographers wanting to take glamour shots.

Now a beautifully lit still life, thats a whole different story, and far more challenging. If the fact that you don't "need a studio" on the basis that you can't do glamour photos anymore, then really you have to be honest and admit, you're more interested in perving on the woman, than taking the photo.

I photograph more weddings than anything.
I also take more photos of my dog, scenics, still life, motorbike racing and lots of other things than I ever did models.
I also used to develop all my own photos in my loft dark room.
In fact I even took photos of male models too, so no, I am not (and was never) doing it to perv.

If my photos were rubbish then I would agree with you. There are plenty of 'guy with camera' pervs out there, but you can tell them by the photos they take where no consideration has been taken in regards to lighting and composition etc.

The models thing started in the 90's when a female friend started up an agency. Then I stopped it for about 10 years until approached by another friend who's daughter needed photos for an acting profile. One of the photos I liked and put it into a competition that I won. It kicked off from there where people would approach me wanting photos. But that was years ago and I don't take them any more, nor will I. I will stick to weddings and things for fun.

I don't use my shed any more because I don't live there.

In fact here is a post I started in the photography forum...

New to photography? Read this.

Last edited:
I photograph more weddings than anything.
I also take more photos of my dog, scenics, still life, motorbike racing and lots of other things than I ever did models.
I also used to develop all my own photos in my loft dark room.
In fact I even took photos of male models too, so no, I am not (and was never) doing it to perv.

If my photos were rubbish then I would agree with you. There are plenty of 'guy with camera' pervs out there, but you can tell them by the photos they take where no consideration has been taken in regards to lighting and composition etc.

The models thing started in the 90's when a female friend started up an agency. Then I stopped it for about 10 years until approached by another friend who's daughter needed photos for an acting profile. One of the photos I liked and put it into a competition that I won. It kicked off from there where people would approach me wanting photos. But that was years ago and I don't take them any more, nor will I. I will stick to weddings and things for fun.

I don't use my shed any more because I don't live there.

In fact here is a post I started in the photography forum...

New to photography? Read this.

I wasn't calling you a perv....... I was specifically replying to @Rorifett's post, but using you as an example, which was the wrong way of going about it.... apologies.

A scantily clad apple isn't quite up there with exhibit double D though is it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom