1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Studio DV Clip

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by steev, Nov 22, 2001.

1. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just seen this package on Jessops' site. At 50 quid it looks like a cheap way to start editing video from my new camcorder (JVC GRDVL150). Any comments/links to reviews?

I'm not after anything fancy. I just want to edit down to the good bits with a few titles and possibly insert some pictures from my digital stills camera.

The plan is to put the results on SVCD to play in a DVD player.

Steve

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Studio DV (by Pinnacle Software) is well regarded budget software. I think the latest edition is ver. 7 The cost is around £70 or £80

I don't know if the clip version you quote is an earlier version or a "light" edition.

The Studio DV editing card (with ver 6 s/w) was being sold off by Dixons at £50. I considered it before choosing an ADS Pyro card with Video Studio 5 software.

Regards

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Clip has a light/SE version of the software. I asked in my local Jessops and they hadn't heard of it.

I decided to pay a little extra and ordered Studio DV from Simply as they seemed to have about the best price (no p&p!). I'm looking forward to playing.

Steve

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use several packages and amongst them is studio dv- i recently seen this at 49pounds in dixons- its worth 50quid but i wouldnt pay much more- there is a way of inporting avi video into your dv project if you need help with this reply.

5. amosdaturk

amosdaturk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The review of Tekram DC-1394w card with Videowave 4 based S/w in Decembers What Camcorder? has persuaded me to go for that instead of the Studio DV package. Trouble is I can't find a stockist - any leads out there?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. cal

cal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't find it either, they must be toying with us!

Sounds too good to be true!:mad: :mad: