Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Studio DV Clip

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by steev, Nov 22, 2001.

1. steev

steev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just seen this package on Jessops' site. At 50 quid it looks like a cheap way to start editing video from my new camcorder (JVC GRDVL150). Any comments/links to reviews?

I'm not after anything fancy. I just want to edit down to the good bits with a few titles and possibly insert some pictures from my digital stills camera.

The plan is to put the results on SVCD to play in a DVD player.

Steve

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Studio DV (by Pinnacle Software) is well regarded budget software. I think the latest edition is ver. 7 The cost is around £70 or £80

I don't know if the clip version you quote is an earlier version or a "light" edition.

The Studio DV editing card (with ver 6 s/w) was being sold off by Dixons at £50. I considered it before choosing an ADS Pyro card with Video Studio 5 software.

Regards

3. steev

steev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think Clip has a light/SE version of the software. I asked in my local Jessops and they hadn't heard of it.

I decided to pay a little extra and ordered Studio DV from Simply as they seemed to have about the best price (no p&p!). I'm looking forward to playing.

Steve

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use several packages and amongst them is studio dv- i recently seen this at 49pounds in dixons- its worth 50quid but i wouldnt pay much more- there is a way of inporting avi video into your dv project if you need help with this reply.

5. amosdaturk

amosdaturk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The review of Tekram DC-1394w card with Videowave 4 based S/w in Decembers What Camcorder? has persuaded me to go for that instead of the Studio DV package. Trouble is I can't find a stockist - any leads out there?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. cal

cal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't find it either, they must be toying with us!

Sounds too good to be true!:mad: :mad: