1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Studio 9, partially opaque photo over video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by progmr, Aug 13, 2004.

1. progmr

progmr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoping someone can help me figure out how to superimpose an image over a video clip but the image should be slightly opaque (semitransparent).

The effect I am looking for is the Indiana Jones travel sequence inwhich the background is a map with a line showing the travel progress with semitransparent images fading in/out as the trip progresses.

I have created the map clip animation but cannot seem to figure out how to superimpose the image on top of it.

Thank YOu!

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the basic studio 9, not Plus?.

The only way to do it effectively would be to do an extended crossfade/dissolve between the two clips. This would mean having one clip fully visable at the start and another clip fully visible at the end, but in the area in between the level will vary.

If the transition took place over a minute or so it could be just as effective.

Or it you put the map in the middle of the video clip split in two you could do a gradual transition from video>map>video.

I know it s not exactly what your after, but on the basic version of studio it might be the best you'll achieve.