1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Studio 8 Question

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Bexlee, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Bexlee

Bexlee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having (semi!) successfully edited & burned my first DVD, there is something that I just can't seem to solve.

The final chapter (the eighth one) on the menu will not operate as an active button. The other 7 all work fine, so I do know how to set them, but despite the fact I have re-checked & re-checked the settings & everything seems fine, even after trying another burn the problem persists.

Suggestions as to what I might be missing?

Bex

2. mab25

mab25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly a bug in studio 8 - it is a fairly buggy application. Do you have the latest patch downloaded from the pinnacle website.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I would agree with mab25 that the first thing to make sure is that you've got the latest update as it is a 'fairly temperamental' program.

I know that when I first tried DVD menus, and did a lot of playing around, the program did seem to get a bit confused. The only way I got around this was by totally removing all the chapters and then starting again. All worked fine in the end, so I know that you can do it!

So what I would do is:-

* Remove all existing chapters.

* Save your project

* Close down Studio and reboot your PC

* Redo your chapters

Good luck!

4. Bexlee

Bexlee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

I do have the latest download. Will follow your advice.

Bex

5. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried posting in Pinnacle's Studio 8 forum?
    There are some people with a lot of Studio 8 experience there.

6. Bexlee

Bexlee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried all that, still no joy. Even tried another burn after putting the 'return to main menu' and the chapter 8 flag on different clips rather than next to each other. Still doesn't work!

A real pain, especially when everything else works. It means you are returned to menu without any way of clicking onto chapter 8.

Infuriating!!!

Any other suggestions?

Bex

7. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. wayne42

wayne42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to see i am not alone with problems with this software. Still the best have used though.

9. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The very first NLE prog I tried - 'bout 5 years ago - was from Pinnicle. I swore I'd never touch another one - ever! :eek:

10. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bet that was the Studio 400 :D

11. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Close - studio 200;)
    Pinnicle are a frustrating experience. When the programmes work, they're brilliant, but there's just so many bugs in them. & the customer support is.............well, don't get me started!!:mad: Hummmmmmmmmmm.......chilling out now.:blush:

12. torrent

torrent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Edition 5 and the software is fantastic. However, you are absolutely spot on with regards to their support. Frankly, the left arm of the organisation doesn't know what the right arm is doing. They "cherry pick" the support questions they want to answer, i.e. if the question is too difficult or awkward they simply ignore it.

I love the product but could never recommend them as an organisation to deal with.

So, what are you using now?

13. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After Studio 200, I got the bug. (By the way, my story of frustration was featured in an early edition of Computer video mag - still far & away the best of it's type out there. :clap: )
    I tried a lite version of Ulead Media Studio Pro (version 2 I think) Liked it, but it was a steeeeeeeep learning curve!:rolleyes: Anyway, I stuck with it. Using 6.5 now, waiting for 7 to be delivered. I run a small wedding video business, & use MSP for the editing, so I'm reasonably good with it now!:blush: