Stuck with Dolby picture profiles for Disney+

jschoonj

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First off I’m super stoked that Panasonic provided us with Disney+ even on some “older” models like my TX-55GZ950.

Seems like the update also came with some new Dolby picture profiles that were introduced with subsequent models.

Currently it seems like I can only select one of the Dolby profiles when playing Disney+ content. I quite liked the look of THX Bright Room for our setup but I can’t manage to select it now.

Does anyone know if there’s any way for me to select the old THX profile in Disney+ or am I stuck trying to adjust some Dolby profile?

Thanks in advance!

J.S.

Hi everyone,

First off I’m super stoked that Panasonic provided us with Disney+ even on some “older” models like my TX-55GZ950.

Seems like the update also came with some new Dolby picture profiles that were introduced with subsequent models.

Currently it seems like I can only select one of the Dolby profiles when playing Disney+ content. I quite liked the look of THX Bright Room for our setup but I can’t manage to select it now.

Does anyone know if there’s any way for me to select the old THX profile in Disney+ or am I stuck trying to adjust some Dolby profile?

Thanks in advance!

J.S.
You're always stuck with Dolby Vision profiles when watching Dolby Vision content afaik. If you want to use to THX mode you'd have to find a way to get regular HDR10 instead of Dolby Vision through some external device that either doesn't support DV or can switch modes.

You're always stuck with Dolby Vision profiles when watching Dolby Vision content afaik
You’re right. Not sure how I missed it (I could swear I checked regular HD content) but other content lets me change it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom