Stuck pixel or dust? Epson TW-6700

MinimalAd

Novice Member
Hello,

I have an epsonTW-6700 that has a small green dot on the projected image that’s visible on dark scenes and when I turn AV mute on. Is it a dead pixel or dust?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
CEC85757-202C-42E8-A14E-790CCD89A407.jpeg

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Try altering the focus so it is completely out both ways. This will often bring dust or other debris into focus at the expense of the picture and might give more of a clue to the cause.

Last edited:

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Dust tends to be the inverse of the projected colour and shows up on a brighter scene more clearly. IE: dust on the green panel looks like a purple splodge on a white background.

I would say that if it's more visible on darker scenes it's a stuck pixel, but it could be dust on an absorber panel that's allowing light to reflect back to the screen. Try @ChuckMountain s focus check first and see what becomes visible. If the dot is in focus with the image itself it's definitely a stuck pixel.

MinimalAd

Novice Member
Hi @ChuckMountain & @noiseboy72 , thank you both for your replies and valuable information. I’ve just tried the focus test. When I take it out of focus either way the green blob disappears completely. As soon as I bring it back to focus it comes back. What would this mean?

Last edited:

MinimalAd

Novice Member
It does look like a stuck pixel I'm afraid. New panel is the likely fix.
Ah okay @noiseboy72. Do you know if this is an expensive repair? I think I might just live with it, I’ve just watched a film and I didn’t seem to notice it. As soon as I turn on ‘AV Mute’ however it’s instantly visible. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom