Stuck Pixel on Sony LCD

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by sjp1966, Apr 17, 2007.

1. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have just got a Sony KDL32U2000 LCD TV and there is a rather annoying (pink) stuck pixel about three quarters of the way up in the middle of the screen (a most annoying place)

From what I read a stuck pixel can sometimes fix itself or maybe repaired using software. I found this site [http://fixdeadpixels.uv.ro/fix-stuck-pixels.html] but have not used it yet.

I would appreciate your comments on stuck pixels especially people that have had experience with them and had them fixed.

Thanks in advance.

2. limblee

limblee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    A mate of mine had a stuck white pixel (I thought it was a dead one) he connected his laptop to his Samsung and ran a program called UDpixel (or something like that)

He left it on over night (a small flashing square about 3x3 pixels) the next day it was back to normal.

I'm glad something can be done to sort out pixels

3. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Superb, could I ask a favour. Next time you speak to your mate could you get the exact name of the program he used please?

EDIT

no worries i found it

4. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    One thing i did notice when I was calibrating the TV with my digital video essentials disk was that when a test screen came up that showed all green, the all red, then all blue the stuck pixel was not stuck in its pinky red phase, but actually coloured correctly. It is only when on a white screen that it is noticable.

I called Sony, and they said it sounds like it is a sub-pixel that is stuck, ie it will only show up on a blank white screen. I am still thinking of using this software though, I am just hoping that the software does not make it worse.