1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck Pixel on my Panny 6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nibb, Jul 29, 2004.

1. nibb

nibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have had my Panny from AV Sales for around 6 weeks and last night noticed a stuck red pixel in the bottom right hand corner.:eek:

I know it wasnt there before because it is just under the red dot on SKY which I religiously remove!

It is stuck in green mode, and is clearly visible when anything red is displayed.

Do these stuck pixels regularly "repair" themselves? I have read elsewhere that they can do!

I will give it some time to see what happens, I also understand that this would be considered in tolerance! :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Cheers for any thoughts,

Neil

2. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Someone posted recently that he had a PE30 with three stuck pixels out of the box. However they repaired themselves in a few days, so you might be lucky.
    I noticed reading my PE30 booklet they say that some dead pixels is not a defect!!!
    It does not specify a number before it is recognised as a defect, it gives you a number to ring to find out though.

3. mystex

mystex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys, I've just also purchased a PW6 from avsales, and I've only just noticed what looks like stuck pixels in the top left corner. They only show up when the display is white, they turn green. I've counted about 13 pixels. I must admit I didn't notice them at first, but now I have I can't stop noticing them? Is 13 pixels enough to warrant an exchange do you think? I'll be gutted to send it back already.... :suicide:

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    9 pixels is the max allowed (in various couour combinations)
    13 is a fault and covered by warrenty
    according to ISO (International Standards Organisation)

5. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Let us know how you get on mystex - am about to purchase a plasma (prossibly from AV) - so interested to know what they say about your situation.

The "stuck/dead pixels" thing is the only reason why I'm thinking "hmmm, is this really gonna be worth 2.5K"! :)

ZedZed