• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Stuck on King Kong

Hi all, I know its old but have come to a brick wall, quite literally.

Am on I think chapter 11, MILLIPEDES level and there is a bush which well needs burning in order for me to get the lever. Thing is I dont have a stick with any flame nor do I have any fire near me.

Looking at the guide I needed to have a flame spike and throw it on the left of the waterfall so it stays lit...I am passed that and my save is way after it...

So guys is there a way around this? Please help I cannot find another way :(

darren_eaf said:
You can use bones aswell as spears to light and throw

Err thats the thing I dont have any fire around me.#

Edit: Its ok I found the fire it was in the previous room high up above me :-D

BananaTiger

Established Member
LOL, SuperSaiyan4. I was stuck at exactly the same point. Shows how much I look up in this game. I think everything else is pretty much straight-forward. How are you finding it? A few people slated this game but I thought it was quite entertaining.

BananaTiger said:
LOL, SuperSaiyan4. I was stuck at exactly the same point. Shows how much I look up in this game. I think everything else is pretty much straight-forward. How are you finding it? A few people slated this game but I thought it was quite entertaining.

Yes noticed many were stuck on this level and the next one, I did my fair share of slating - for the price of course. However its actually a pretty decent game! In general its really fun to play! It keeps you very well hooked wanting you to progress further and further. You know when a game is great when you get told to do something by someone downstairs and you say yes in a min and an hour or more goes by :rotfl:

The visuals are interesting pretty good in HD, and I have to say its a bargain for £25! Check out the deals of the week in GAME that and Kameo for £25!

I love Kong its awesome to keep pressing Y button and powering up you just gotta love the rage!

Kazman

Prominent Member
It's a good game, but waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too easy.

At some points I was literally looking away from the screen and still winning :eek:

It does get a little repetitive after a while too, bought it, completed it, sold it.

Kazman said:
It's a good game, but waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too easy.

At some points I was literally looking away from the screen and still winning :eek:

It does get a little repetitive after a while too, bought it, completed it, sold it.

I dont think its easy for like tedious but fun, I am enjoying it and I cannot believe I overlooked this game before.

I am planning on completing it and taking it back though.

Gotta love Kong in his rage mode I cannot get enough thats the BEST part out of the whole game.

chrislad

Prominent Member
See? When you complain too much, you miss out on what's actually there. Kong has its flaws, but it's really a gripping game that has enough atmosphere to make us overlook those flaws. The Brachiosaurus levels are nothing short of breathtaking.

slinkywonka said:
Your stuck on king kong? :rotfl:

Sorry i cannot help myself.;)

Err did you read the rest of the thread?

Kazman

Prominent Member
chrislad said:
See? When you complain too much, you miss out on what's actually there. Kong has its flaws, but it's really a gripping game that has enough atmosphere to make us overlook those flaws. The Brachiosaurus levels are nothing short of breathtaking.

My fave bit has to be the first encounter with the T-Rex, that was awesome! And you are genuinely scared, trying to run away from the big beast, and all you really have are some tiny bullets and sticks to fight back with :)

chrislad

Prominent Member
That's the demo level, if I recall, when Carl is trying to open the door and htis big T-Rex is smashing crap behind you! That's tension!

Kazman

Prominent Member
chrislad said:
That's the demo level, if I recall, when Carl is trying to open the door and htis big T-Rex is smashing crap behind you! That's tension!

Yup, one of the best bits in the game for me. Unfortunately, it was one of the only bits I found remotely challenging. The rest of the game was fairly routine, run, find bush blocking path, burn bush, run more, find lever, burn bush.

If there were just a few more things to actually do, the game would have been MUCH more fun. The Kong bits were a good laugh though :D

Markoos

Established Member
Whilst it lasted I throughly enjoyed it. However since you get all 1000 points for completing it, I felt no need to go back through it and to date it's the only 360 title I've sold. Well worth the £15 you can get it pre-owned for however.

Kazman

Prominent Member
NackNack said:
You're just not hardcore enough, Saiyan.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ROTFPMSL!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom