Stuck on GRAW please help!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by MoFoHo, Mar 13, 2006.

1. MoFoHo

MoFoHo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Hi there! As it says above I'm hopelessly stuck early on in GRAW! Any hints or tips would be really usefull! Its the part (early on!) where you have to hold your position and take care of the Mexican President I think? There's just this onslaught of soldiers attacking you from nearly all sides and I've tried and TRIED to get through it all! Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve.

P.S. I would describe myself as a 'keen but 'very average gamer, so if anybody needs some target practise (cannon fodder) please feel free to add me to their friends list!!!:D

2. ovany1

ovany1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, When i did this i sent my 3 troops to the broken wall to attack from there. I dropped back a bit and hid behind a piller taking care of anyone trying to get to the left flank and the people coming over the fountains. Also try uising smoke grenades to cover distant area to prevent sniping by troops

3. syntax error

syntax error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. runam0k

runam0k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I positioned myself behind one of the pillars of the embassy, and positioned my men behind the wall to the left. They can't flank right, so no worries there. Choose your targets and fire from cover, quick bursts of fire and then back behind the pillar. Instruct your men to strike the armoured vehicles and patch each other up as necessary. Hold out long enough and an Apache shows up to help you out.

5. daKlone

daKlone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yep, thats the same tactic I used, except (highlight to view details):

I took cover behind the pillar at the left-hand end of the broken wall with the railings on top. Try to take out the enemy soldiers on the left to stop them out-flanking you and killing the Pres.

Try to take out the AFV that turns up straight away using your grenade launcher rather than getting one of your team to do it (keep them behind the wall, holding the right).

When the M1A1 tank turns up, just take cover and wait (don't try to attack it) and after a few seconds an Apache AH-64 attack helo will be made available. Go to the map and order the helo to take out the tank first, and then mop up any remaining enemy soldiers.

Then it's just a short hump to the evac point and you're away!

Hope that helps!

6. Steve-L

Steve-L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Why didn't you post this in the thread just down the page? You'd be more likely to get answers there as people who have already subscribed to it will be notified of your post... AND it wouldn't clog up the group with another GRAW thread :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315202

But yes, put your team by the broken wall and position yourself by the big pillar to the left. Make sure you take out the APC gunner as soon as that shows up and blow up the parked cars too, enemies can't hide behind them then. When the tank arrives, hide around the corner and wait for the helicopter to arrive and then blow it up... it :smashin:

7. MoFoHo

MoFoHo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Thanks good people! I'll give it a try! And sorry for starting up another GRAW thread. I GENUINELY didnt see the other one further doem the list, and I know how much GRAW has been on the 'boards lately. Sos about that....
    Steve.

8. benlonguk

benlonguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think anyone mentioned it but use smoke grenades to obscure areas where cover is thin. Position your squad behind the wall on the right, hang back yourself and throw the odd grenade in front of the opeing in the wall.

Use your thermal goggles to see and take people out throw the smoke.

9. Duffers0

Duffers0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can this be linked to the other 'hints and tips' thread and keep help threads to one side for those that want it :lease: