Stuck on Farcry level 19 - help

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This level is driving me up the wall. Someone please help as I'm getting bloody frustrated with it!

I've picked up the rifle and I have 10 bullets. I manage to avoid the first Trigen and BASE jump off the top of the waterfall....but then what? 10 bullets = one kill (generally)....there's so many Trigens around that I seem to die within minutes EVERY time. I've tried following the river, going left, going right....but nothing works.

The big buggers are easy to avoid as they're so lumbering, but the "basic" Trigens are a nightmare as they're so fast. What do I need to do?

:)

I just legged it down the side of the river until i came to a downed helicopter were you can use the machine guns to blast those buggers to bits.

Didn't they get you though? The trigens kill me every time...

Sorted it, and just completed the game. In the top 3 fps I've ever played...

Already have, and replied;)

I just completed it today as well. Took me just over two weeks on "challenging" mode, playing a couple of hours here and there.

It's a lot longer than I expected it to be, with most FPS's these days very short ala Deus Ex 2.

Top game though!

So folks how do you get past all those damn munsters !!

Shimmy past the first one dive off waterfall and then ?

It's actually surprisingly easy. Dive off the top of the waterfall without firing any bullets (obviously having avoided the first trigen).

Then you need to "hug" the left hand zone wall. There'll be the big Trigens, but they're slow. Walk until one of them cottons on to you, then break into a sprint until the music stops and they give up:)

Whilst still hugging the left wall, you'll soon come across a mob with a rifle: as you only have 10 bullets, make sure you crouch, and shoot him in the head. Once past him, you'll be free to make a run to the open water. You'll soon spot a crashed helicopter on the furthest bank of the river....inside is health, ammo and a fixed-position machine gun to rake any Trigens around. Then the fun really begins....

Use the rocks, dude.

Throw them all over the place and leg it down and swim in the river, I didn't use a single bullet, maybe I fluked it. Get to the helicopter and it's easy from then in. Especially the first part of the last level. Couldn't believe how easy it was to kill Kreiger or whatever his name was. That volcano full of monsters at the end was by far the most difficult bit for me though.

Wooooooohhoooooo :laugh:

Gonna stay in this broken chopper just in case owt else turns up :rolleyes:

First of all kill the first trigen and then you are able to move yourself to the edge of the water fall. So now you are there and watching around. If you can't see any of those trigens and fat boys, you are able to jump down. Then just swin down the river to the helicopter.

If everything went right you have full healt. Then just kill all with the machine guns.

Cheers Juha

The big ones can't swim, go into the water were it's deep and they'll follow you to their Doooooooom. :zonked:
Once they are dead finish the rest off with the helicopter, be carefull of the one on behind the wall though, and if you think that's hard the final level is sooooooooo hard on vetran anyway. :thumbsup:

Btw, best game iv'e ever played, Fps anyway!!!!!

You guys are so last month;)

ELV said:
You did ask for HELP Smartin, oh sorry Smurfin :boring:

You obviously only read the first post then;) (which was 4 months ago:smashin: )

No i did'nt, read it months ago but had'nt got that far then so did'nt answer. But hey i did'nt get stuck you did. (played on vetran)
Never mind though there might have been other people interested to know that u can drown them, something by the way nobody had mentioned, but hey Smartin were always here when you get stuck on something else just ask and we'll answer.Just try not to be a smart arse!!

My initial reply to you was in jest, try and get a sense of humour.

But hey i did'nt get stuck you did. (played on vetran)

Would you like a medal? :D

I've only just bought this gaem and was wondering if there's any way to save without having to wait for the auto save points ?
I'm struggling to get past a particular bit and have to go through the same routine every time just to get to the point where them stupid bloody Trigens jump out at me and kill me straight away :mad:

Yeah, I managed to run like hell till I got to the helicopter. Actually it's a good method for some of the more difficult sections overall.

Once in the helicopter just duck out when rockets are fired at you. Apart from that youre sorted.

I'm stuck well before this level ! I really hate it when games deteriorate into having to shoot monsters and stuff like this, I'd much rather shoot people !

I missed this game at launch and it was probably a good thing I did as my PC at the time wasn't up to the job. Even now some of the later levels are power hungry when all the effects are turned on. Anyway completed this game today and have to say the last two levels were unreal. I must of tried the lobby scene about a 100 times until I realised there was an easier way, but that last level....
Like some on else said it probably comes in my top 3 FPS. It's a beautiful game to play. How many of us have stopped to take in the stunning scenery?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom