Stuck in the budget!!!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RustyH, Aug 22, 2004.

1. RustyH

RustyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    because I have now been pushed!!! :suicide: :suicide: :smashin: into getting the panasonic pw6 screen, I have completely blown my budget, and so need some recommendations in finding a cheap but decent freeview box???

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Currys TUCT30 £60 special offer or go for Humax from dixons see PVR800T thread, Excellent PQ and hard drive recorder! £122.69 or perhaps £128.

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Netgem IPlayer for COmponent

Pace Twin as a general box

4. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Should it be of interest, BT's version of the Netgem has returned to 'in stock' status, during the last few days, RustyH.

Particularly when compared to the Netgem-branded product, it has to be considered good value at £64.50 including next-day delivery. For comparison, about a year ago I paid £130 for the Netgem box and that price still stands!

A recent upgrade to an RGB-capable DVD recorder has shown the Netgem via RGB Scart to be capable of giving a very good picture. Until very recently, I had serious misgivings regarding the noisy picture quality (though it's sometimes difficult to tell when it's the broadcast or the box) via s-video and composite connections; but, at least on a television, the Netgem now gives a 'clean' image - allowing for compression artifacts, of course. It still has its quirks for me (it seems that the Netgem still has to be left on in order to use timer recordings successfully :rolleyes: ); but I've just bought two of the BT boxes on behalf of my grandmother and a friend - so I guess the advantages outweigh the... the... er, the other stuff :laugh:

For now! :devil:

P.S. The BT Shop

Oh, and BT don't 'double box' - which I found a rather disappointing considering the lightweight box that is used for the BT/Netgem hardware. Hmm, on the other hand Netgem's improved packaging did cost me £65.49... plus delivery! :eek: :laugh:

5. brifobwad

brifobwad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got my Netgem from Edinburgh branch of Makro for £47 inc vat on Aug 16th.