Stuck in service menu (and it wasn't my fault !)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mjwraw, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mjwraw

mjwraw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was trying to get a One For All universal remote working with my Wharfedale M2126 TV. Whilst checking different keys on one particular proramming code I pressed a key on the remote and up popped a light blue strip across the screen with 'Bus Off' on it. It will also scroll through 'Red gain', Blue gain', 'Logo' and others.

The only problem is that, even after leaving the TV unplugged for a day, when I switch it on it always comes back to that, (incidentally with BBC1 underneath - the channel it was on when this happened). I've tried resetting the remote, but I suspect that although the One For All allowed me to enter the service menu, once that happened there was no chance of getting it to work with the TV to allow me to get out of it again.

Is there anything I can do or is this hopeless and a visit to my local TV engineer inevitable - the TV seems completely locked in this state.

Help !!!!!

2. Chris705

Chris705

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i've done the same on my brothers tv did you get this problem resolved?

3. ghislain

ghislain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Do you still have the original remote control unit that came with the TV or can you get hold of one easily?
    I have found this site were they are selling replacement rcu:
    http://www.avukltd.com/remotecontrolsearch.php?PHPSESSID=b763e1703818ab5ee30ab4a0ccccf597&item_id=463476&action=send_details

Might be cheaper than involving the assistance of an engineer.