1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck in mexico been hit by hurricane wilmer need new usb cable for handycam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jamieuk23, Oct 27, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi I am stuck in mexico at the minute cancun as I was here on holiday but as you will no dout no the hurricain hit us hard.

things are really bad out here and this place I have found with internet has put there prices up 10x as every 1 is desperate to contact back home.

any way to get the point. I have loads of video footage the hurricain and of the shelter that me and and my friends had to stay in which I want to show to my mum and dad + freinds when I get back home as things were that bad !

I have the sony DCR-TRV245E digital handycam. the main problem is I dont have the USB cable which came with it as I left in my hotel room and my hotel is now in bits !!

so I would like to order a new cable from the internet ASAP! so it will be there when I get back in the next few days (I hope).

is there any 1 out there that can let me no which cable I will need to buy as I notice there are 4 pins and 5 pins mini cables + USB 1.1 + 2.0 and I have no idea of which 1 will work with my handycam so I can transfer the tapes to my PC for converting to DVD

as its so exspensive here I can only get on the internet for a few minutes at a time as money is tight and running out

thanks to any 1 who can help me out !!

jamie :clap:

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  3. Mrs B

Mrs B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have just found this message via google.

I have the same handycam and I also have the cable, what i dno't have i s the software to transfer to PC, where can I get it and how do I do it.

Thanks

Claire

PS I hope everything was ok after the hurricane.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    You don't really want to be connecting your camcorder to the PC via USB as you will loose so much of the quality that is available with miniDV. You will be better off getting a firewire cable (and card if no firewire on the PC already).
    If running Windows XP then you have an editing program already called Movie Maker 2 and full help and advice on useing it can be found Here.

Mark.