Stuck between the great plasma G20 and the not so famous G15

Stranden

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ive heard Panasonic got great plasmas, though im torn between which ones i should get. You got the g20 which is very good. But one i havent heard anything about is the g15, which is in between g10 and g20.

Komplett.no - Panasonic 42" Plasma-TV TX-P42G15E (around 620 british pounds

There is a 20% discount on the g15 there compared to the g20 here:

Komplett.no - Panasonic 42" Plasma-TV TX-P42G20E (around 824 british pounds)

Now, im leaning towards a 42", due to me only beeing around 2 - 2,5 meters from the TV, so anything larger might make the quality worse (or so ive heard). Any use getting a bigger one?

Do anyone have any inputs? I tried searching for the g15, but im not finding much info.

Thanks in advance! :)

The G15 is a 2009 model and is at risk of suffering the very worst of the black level problems.
Don't consider it!

G20 great set, but Ihave to say not a lot different to the G15 from what I have seen, hence me spending more on a V20:D A mate has a 42G15 an its an excellent set, was tempted to get one last year but decided to wait to see the G20, to be honest Iwas a bit disappointed an glad I waited longer to see the V. If you have the money go for a G20 if you dont realy have the extra I dont think you'll be disappointed with a G15 especially at that price.
Best thing to do is compare them yourself at the end of the day, good luck and enjoy your new set when you decide.:)

The G15 is a 2009 model and is at risk of suffering the very worst of the black level problems.
Don't consider it!

Worth considering the above but to balance both my mates G15 and another mates G10 are both fine still, by no means saying there isnt an issue but an argument can be made still that this is a small percentage of sets, theres a thread on the subject you may like to read.

As a side note I'm keeping an eye on my mates sets and will report any change but they are well within the hours this issue arises and still no change.

Thanks alot for the answers. Im leaning towards a g20. Good performance, and decent price. I have to ask though, if im right in choosing an plasma over LCD for my use. It will be moviewatching, series streaming from the PC, and console. I heard plasmas are better for games and movies, so i cant really see the reason for having an LCD, unless im missing something.

Also there is more bang for the buck with plasmas (so i hear).

Im taking my chances of asking about receivers, even if it might be the wrong forum. I need one with the TV, and i am not planning to have any more than 5.1. Im thinking 2 in the start actually. So is there any use in having a 7.1 then?

I found a cheap TX-SR308B, which has HDMI 1,4, and is 5.1. I havent found many good reviews of it though.

Anyway, thanks for the replies and expertise! :)

Thanks alot for the answers. Im leaning towards a g20. Good performance, and decent price. I have to ask though, if im right in choosing an plasma over LCD for my use. It will be moviewatching, series streaming from the PC, and console. I heard plasmas are better for games and movies, so i cant really see the reason for having an LCD, unless im missing something.

Also there is more bang for the buck with plasmas (so i hear).

Im taking my chances of asking about receivers, even if it might be the wrong forum. I need one with the TV, and i am not planning to have any more than 5.1. Im thinking 2 in the start actually. So is there any use in having a 7.1 then?

I found a cheap TX-SR308B, which has HDMI 1,4, and is 5.1. I havent found many good reviews of it though.

Anyway, thanks for the replies and expertise! :)

G20 is without doubt your best option :smashin: try the Onkyo forum for the Amp. Here :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom