1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuart Little

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sonny, Dec 26, 2003.

1. sonny

sonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    This was on tv last night and my son has the dvd but was quick to point out a scene inexplicably missing from the dvd.
    It was immediately after dinner when they have a 'sing-along' on a piano. Anyone else notice this or know why it was cut frm the dvd?

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Not seen the movie, but one common reason for scenes featuring songs to be missing from DVD / tape releases is usually the expense of obtaining music rights clearance. Different rules govern for TV and cinema screenings.

3. ELV

ELV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Me too, thought it was SL2 as i did'nt see the beginning but new i had,nt seen that scene before..... strange?

4. sonny

sonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    thanks for that the_pauley. Useful to know.

5. Hedwig

Hedwig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I turned on the tv when this scene had started, did they have a pianola, because it appeared to be playing itself. I assumed this was a deleted scene where Stuart helped them play the song, but they cut it before animating Stuart, and for some mad reason put it back in the tv version without the mouse.

6. driver8

driver8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like there's a whole load of stuff, restored for the US-TV version - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164912/alternateversions -

Extra scenes not featured in the theatrical release:
    Upon arriving at the Little house, Stuart begins his tour in the kitchen and dining room, where the Littles prepare and eat "western omelettes, mashed potatoes, and all varieties of meatloaf." Included as a deleted scene on the DVD.
    Stuart crawls inside the piano to fix a stuck key. Mr. & Mrs. Little begin to sing "Heart And Soul," while Stuart performs a piano duet by striking the hammers from the inside. This scene is not included on the DVD, but was restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    Later, Mr. Little decides to remove "Three Blind Mice" from the piano songbook. Mrs. Little gets the idea to invite the family for a party and to buy Stuart some new clothes. Restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    Following the party, the Littles begin to question their fitness as adoptive parents. Included on the DVD and restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    In Stuart's bedroom, Snowbell spends a few quick moments antagonizing Stuart over George's outburst at the party. Restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    George wakes up remembering that Stuart has left to live with the Stouts, but thinks at first that it was only a dream. Included on the DVD and restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    At the Stout home, Stuart proposes that they go on a family outing. Included as a deleted scene on the DVD, though some of the CG work is unfinished.
    After arriving at the Little home, the detectives begin to question the Littles for the missing persons report. They get as far as asking Stuart's height and weight before realizing that he's a mouse. Included on the DVD and restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.
    While at the police station, the Littles are shown some mouse lineups in hopes of identifying the Stouts. Included on the DVD and restored for the ABC-TV broadcast.