Struggling without clan

Discussion in 'PS4 Games' started by CaptnSpaulding, Jun 26, 2017.

1. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    Is it possible to do the raids and the weekly/daily stuff with randoms as I don’t have any friends playing this and I’ve never done any of these challenges - and I’m really struggling as the story mode and low end strikes only give me stuff 290 Armor or less.
    I even tried to do Vault of Glass with my two sons and we couldn’t even raise the spire so no hope I’m doing the rest!

I just want to get better weapons and armour!

2. Slasher2McGurk

Slasher2McGurk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +357
    weekly strikes have matchmaking but raids, story & nightfall missions don't.

My advice is to complete the vanilla & Dlc story missions before anything else. Doing a low level Vog or crota will only drop 170 light loot

3. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    We've been struggling to get enough people for raids for a while but ended up joining The100.io.
    We're usually 2 or 3 people short but can usually get enough people from there to be able to raid. Most have been Americans but we haven't had any complete muppets so far

4. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    I’ve no idea what that site you mentioned is lol! Do people just ask for help (like I’m doing essentially :D) and then team up? I’d be up for some strikes or raids sometime but like I said I’m pretty low armour so would need carrying possibly!! :laugh::facepalm:

5. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Yeah, that's basically what it is. You'll be able to find other people who are around the same level as you

6. silvercue

silvercue
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,674
    as @GezDixon said - really worth doing all the story missions first IMO. Then strikes and higher level strikes. Get you level up and get better drops. Keep an eye on vendor gear....then you will soon be ready for Prison of Elders, Nightfall and the Raid..... :)

Having said that we have a good bunch around the forum here, so if there is anything specific you want to aim for you could make a post and see if people here could help. Some of us need a bit of notice mind!

7. Slasher2McGurk

Slasher2McGurk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +357
    The fastest way to get to 380 light would be todo a public event on 3 characters & the daily crucible each day. This would give you 60 legendary marks per day & you can buy most vendor 380 armour for 75 marks.
    When your 370+ light let us know and im sure we can find you a raid team, we can carry you through a 390 crota now but the drops will only be +5 your current light.

8. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    Thanks guys appreciate it!

I started my first Prison of Elders last night with some randoms (the low level one) and they left on the fourth round as we kept dying. Was rather difficult. I did get some 300 stuff though so my light is nearer that but I'm taking the advice on doing the dailys to get the Legendary Marks so I can buy some 380 stuff. I did a stupid thing of spending my first 60 on an engram which was about the same light level as I was. I should have saved it and another 15 to buy something.

I've also joined FWC faction and rank 1 so I can buy some stuff through them too. Also put an order in with the Gunsmith for an auto rifle - Suros something!? - which I think I have to wait until tomorrow for? No idea what level it'll be!

9. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    The auto rifle will probably just be a few light levels above what you are at.

Try to gather as many strange coins as you can and buy stuff from xur on Friday. You can then infuse any exotic gear into your legendaries to get their light level up.
    Also try to get legendary marks and buy gear from the vendors.
    Archons forge is a good place to get engrams. Not sure if you're high enough light level but you could hide and let others do the killing

10. silvercue

silvercue
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,674
    What a fine role model ! :laugh:

11. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    Well I've managed to get to light level 376 so far but everything is now just 1 light level higher if not lower so a bit of a drag.

Is the only way to get loot over 380 through the Nightfall Strike and the Raid/Strikes that you have to do with a fireteam that doesn't involve matchmaking?

12. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Ranking up factions will give you gear up to 400 light level. Handing in exotic engrams will too. Crucible/iron banner also drops gear up to 400 and so does Archons Forge in the plaugelands on earth.

13. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    Ah I must need to rank higher then as all the vendors only offer 380 light stuff, nothing higher. Will keep at it until Destiny 2! :D

14. ibrox_grfc

ibrox_grfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    When you rank up a faction ( including vanguard and crucible) you'll have to collect a package from them in the tower. That package will have 4 motes of light, 4 strange coins and then you'll have the choice of a weapon, armour or chroma armour . It used to be capped at 380 but it's been 400 for a while now. I think purple engrams only go to 390 light

15. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +901
    Ah that sucks, all mine have been around 320 haha. Never mind! I’ll get there eventually. Making it my mission to hit 400 before Destiny 2 comes out and I have to do a Nightfall strike too!

16. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,289
    They won't be 400 until you're around light level 395. Until that point you'll only get stuff around 5 levels max above your characters light level.