Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Struggling with JL and Panny TH42PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Dade, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been trying to order a TH42PE30 from JL for the last few days. JL in Liverpool are now saying that they have put the price back up to £3600. Has anyone actually ordered from JL on the past few days? If so could you tell me the price you paid and the store you ordered from?

OR does anyone know of a store that has the TH42PE30 in stock with the stand and DVD recorder for £2700?

Many thanks!

2. scoobydoo77

scoobydoo77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Internettvsdirect have it for £2699 but i'd rather pay full price than order from them. You'll be really lucky to get JL down that far. I'm sure some JL stores will price match to about £2999 (price match sevenoaks sound and vision). Also JL don't have the cabinet stand in stock anywhere and if you order one today/tomorrow you won't get the stand for at least 2 weeks (this weeks order looks unlikely to come in). I actually only managed to get £200 off - £3495. Its great some people could get it for sub £2500 but i could'nt. Still not a rip off even at near full price. A 5 year warranty with dixons is £1299, the stand £499, the recorder £229ish. JL is the way forward even at £3695. Oh and their customer support is second to none but i'm sure you know that.

3. CaSeBaLL

CaSeBaLL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Call JL Newcastle (Adam in Call Centre 0191 2335000) or Jonathon on TV dept..
    Got a price of £ 2599 on Moday priced match and getting it this monday coming. no hassle what so ever..

Bit of advise: Be very nice to them and they'll be nice to you, remember they must get a load of calls all the time asking for price matches.

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But are they giving you the free stand and DVDR too? If so then, "way to go!" - otherwise, I fear you're being short-changed.

BTW, who was the price-match against?

5. CaSeBaLL

CaSeBaLL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stand & DVD Rec in as well... Delivering this Monday..

6. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice going - but why won't you say who the price-match was against? Are you afraid JL will renege?

7. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL in Newcastle have stopped this already! :(

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Dade you can have almost same deal with 4 year warranty from AV-sales take advantage of their better offer on DVD-recorder..... E75 free etc or far more choice a panny HC system or cheaper E85 and get it all delivered for a little bit more than JL but zero hassle...... all you miss is one year extra warranty.........
    See.....http://www.av-sales.com/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42pa30.html

9. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but with the 4 year Warranty it comes out to £3222.02 which is over £500 more than some other people here have managed to get it for from JL. Which is frustrating!!!

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    true but as £2999+ £130 delivery was also common (these things do not fit in your car mate (certain exception, Merc V class, Grand Espace etc) its less than £95 extra and you would save that if you went for DMR-e85 instead of E55 and its a no hassle deal

11. Dade

Dade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my 42" Viera delivered today!

JL price match £2739 including the Screen (obviously), stand, DVD Recorder and 5yr Warranty oh and delviery - fantastic!

My local store matched a price from Crampton & moore in sheffield.