Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Struggling to understand Movietyme

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by valhalla, May 14, 2004.

1. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:

Right, here's my rant.

Movietyme are sponsors of this forum. I noticed a new release DVD offer on a banner whilst surfing this site.

It stated : "Now shipping from Movietyme".

I placed my order, obviously expecting it to be shipped within 48 hours (max). I mean, if it's "now shipping" I could be pedantic and expect it to be shipped that very same day.

96 (yes, that's NINETY-SIX) hours later, four days, my item still has even been dispatched. CD-WOW have sent two items from Hong Kong, and both have arrived since I placed my order with these clowns.

To say I am p***** off is an understatement.

How can they advertise their products as "Now Shipping!" when they clearly aren't?

A response from this "Craig" guy would be good, however, if I find it inadequate I will discuss their terminology with Trading Standards.

:censored: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found a lot of oversea's suppliers have slowed down on their delivery time's i think it might be custom's fault but for whatever reason i find delivery times from all the suppliers are slower than they used to be, mind you i have patience and don't moan just cos something takes a week to deliver, but if it say's shipping now and their website says they have shipped to you then i guess you have a valid complaint assuming custom's aren't holding up your order :)

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, dvdnotsosoon are just as bad....but hey, if they're that cheap then I ain't gonna complain that much...

4. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That' the thing, they HAVEN'T SHIPPED IT YET.

They claimed it was NOW SHIPPING.

Four days ago I ordered, yet it HASN'T BEEN DISPATCHED.

:suicide:

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But have you logged into their website and actually confirmed YOUR order is shipping or are you just assuming it is based on a prepaid advert on this site ?

6. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    its a US based website, so i doubt our trading standards will do or can do anything.

i've never had any problems with them, slow(ish) but reliable.

7. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please advise me of your order number so i may first off all get your details and take alook at your order.

Second please refrane from imature name calling - we can all do it and it gets us no where.

Now once i have your details i shall take alook at the situation behind the delay and report back.

Also point to note if it's a title such as Lord Of The Rings then we have over 2000 to process - of which are done in order of people pre booking, once these are completed then new orders of course are then processed.

Also as stated on our website just because your order status does not change does not mean your order is not on the move behind the scenes, sometimes there can be a delay in changing order status etc especially at very busy times.

As for Trading Standards - please feel free.

8. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,364
    A note here - as per the forum rules, if you have a complaint about a company, the most effective way to get a resolution is to use reasonable language to describe the situation. Name calling tends on the whole to do the exact opposite of what you ultimately want to achieve.

9. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Name calling? Clowns? I can do worse than that!

The prepaid advert on this site says "Now shipping from Movietyme". My order has yet to ship, after ordering four days ago. My order status hasn't changed. Just in case the situation was unclear.

I'm not saying Movietyme are a bad company. I've ordred from them before and found them to be very good. However, it is wrong to advertise an item as "Shipping" on other websites, purely to drum up more business, meaning items won't be shipped as quickly.

I also could have got the item for 50p more from CD-WOW.

Boy, I may live to regret that!

Craig, thanks for your swift reply, that's a good start. I'll send you an email via the site now.

10. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll also keep everyone on here posted as to when it arrives - so Craig, you could turn this in your favour if you so wished!

11. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    What film did you order anyhow ?

12. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the now shipping refers to pre-orders. Valhalla chill mate... you'll bust a blood vessel.

13. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol - thanks for the advice, James45!

Matt - It was the Friends Finale DVD. Because the UK date is so close anyway (May 28), if it doesn't arrive soon then it makes the purchase pointless, as it is a gift. That's why I chose the "Now Shipping" Movietyme, over the "5 - 7 days delivery" of CD-WOW.

14. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I must be an exception to the rule because just lately my deliveries from MT have been getting better, for eg: I got an email from MT dated Wed 5th May saying that my order for Paycheck has been dispatched. Gobsmacked when it arrived Thur 6th in the morning.

My last order (Wyatt Earp) was dispatched on Tues 11th May and arrived this morning. So they can’t be that bad. I think more often than not it’s OUR postal service that needs shaking up.

15. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I think Craig’s answer is self explanatory, “First come first served” which is fair, don’t you think. :thumbsup:

16. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Issue (fingers crosed RM) is now sorted, as it has already hit the UK mail system today.
    Just a backlog of alot of big titles shipping (LOTR & Bubba to name but 2) and not having enough time in the day to update status's of peeps orders even though they have actually shipped.

Glad to be around here to offer the type of customer service that is required from a company.

17. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Keep up the good work Craig!!

18. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can confirm that Craig is a top guy!

Glad it's sorted, and I'll be using Movietyme again, thanks to the personal touch offered here.

19. kaspj

kaspj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just curious Craig, do you work here in the UK with the UK side of Movietyme, or are you over in the States?

regards

JP.