Struggling to set up Freeview HD on Samsung UE32C6510 - can you help, please?

chog24

Standard Member
We got a Samsung UE32C6510 last week and for the most part it's great and we love it. However, all the information I can find suggests that we should be able to get Freeview HD with this TV (and without a separate Freeview HD box) but we've been unable to work out how to get the TV to give us that.

I've checked the Freeview Coverage Checker and it says that I should be able to get Freeview HD channels. I've connected the antenna (which is roof-mounted so should be giving a reasonably strong signal) and run through the instructions in the "Plug and Play (Initial Setup)" chapter of the manual but the TV only seems to find BBCs1 & 2, ITV, Channels 4 and 5 in Analogue, but the pictures are very grainy and clearly not HD.

Can anyone help and/or provide some clearer and more thorough instructions than those available in the manual that might help me to sort this out, please?

andyp3001

Novice Member
It will be worth trying to re-tune the TV. I am sure when you do this that you are given options to tune for either Analogue or Digital (freeview) channels or both. Firstly, scroll down to the "Plug and Play" section after pressing the "Menu" button on the remote, and take it from there. Just choose the Digital channel option. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom