struggling to get tv image on the projector - reverts to TV - help please

woodentom

Novice Member
Reaction score
i have a samsung TV, a denon X2200W receiver and i bought a epson projector 2 years ago

the projector is plugged through the receiver and work fine with the blu ray player and when i originally set it up, i was able to get virgin media on the projector as effectively it was linked with the Tv

not anymore

the TV channels only work through the TV and when both TV and projector are on it starts like it is trying to show the image on the TV and projector but then it reverts to the TV only

i have played with the video output on the receiver between monitors and get nothing

i even plugged the projector into the samsung TV but nothing changes

the projector will work when using the blu ray player through the receiver but not the TV

i am struggling to see where the problem is? my virgin media box changed recently so could it be that but that box goes through the receiver

any help is appreciated and it must be either the new virgin box or the receiver but i apart from updates, nothing has changed except for the new virgin box

thanks

Try connecting the Virgin box direct to the Projector.

There is an issue with the Virgin V6 box locking into HDCP 2.2 (which your Projector will likely not Support) when there is an HDCP 2.2 enabled AVR in the signal path.

Joe

Try connecting the Virgin box direct to the Projector.

There is an issue with the Virgin V6 box locking into HDCP 2.2 (which your Projector will likely not Support) when there is an HDCP 2.2 enabled AVR in the signal path.

Joe

thank you for the response and i will test that. assuming it works then is this something the projector companies are updating or is it a new projector?

when i plugged in the cable to the virgin box it worked but i can only get sound from the projector as effecitvely i am bypassing the receiver.

how do i solve this one a the projecotr sound isn't very good?

also i was hoping for a situation whereby i could just mirror what i see on my tv on the projector. example is i plug memory sticks into the tv. any suggestions

thanks for your advice

The problem is with the V6 Box - it should revert to 1080p, HDCP 1.4 when you select your Projector as the Output on the AVR.

Instead it stays in HDCP 2.2 mode and won’t then handshake with the Projector.

You can stick a device between the V6 and the AVR to break the handshake - some folk get a good result with certain 1x2 Splitters, we tend to supply one of our HDfury Converters.

Joe

The problem is with the V6 Box - it should revert to 1080p, HDCP 1.4 when you select your Projector as the Output on the AVR.

Instead it stays in HDCP 2.2 mode and won’t then handshake with the Projector.

You can stick a device between the V6 and the AVR to break the handshake - some folk get a good result with certain 1x2 Splitters, we tend to supply one of our HDfury Converters.

Joe

Joe, thanks again. As you can tell i am not 100% sure what i am doing so had a look at your website for this device. which one should i be looking at? HDMI Converters – The Media Factory

and basically this goes betwwen the V6 box and the receiver?

apologies and thanks for your help

The HDfury Linker will resolve the HDCP issue - and yes you insert it between the Source and the AVR.

Joe

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom