Struggling to explain my problem to sky

D

Deleted member 161415

I ordered Sky HD (Brand New Customer Offer) from the Sky website on Nov 30th and it was installed by a subbie on Dec 8th.

To date I do not have a viewing card and, Unbeknown to me the subbied dislodged 2 tiles, causing damage to the guttering and, somehow, or another, managed to knock over my neighbours 3 tier garden path wall.

Problem one. I have rang sky about 5 or 6 times to see about a viewing card. Unfortunatley all they do is ask me for my account number or home phone number. I don't know my account number and they can't find my details from my home phone number. They simply tell me I will have to contact the subbie for my account number and call me back. Although they did, unhelpfully tell me that, because the half price new customer sub offer is no longer on they will only be able to issue a viewing card a full monthly sub.

Problem two I don't have any paper work form the subbie and, can't hence ring them (I know, maybe people like me don't deserve HD!). Sky for some reason can't give me the number of the supplier they asked to do the job.

Finall insult came this morning when I was told the only thing I can do is re-order the whole thing through the sales team????

Anybody else had a similar problem or, any ideas. Really want to get me viewing card and my neighbour off my back.

Thanks

(Have also posted on another forum)

PS One guy told me that I had not ordered through the legit sky website (which i did) and that I would'nt get anything for my money, when I actually got him to accept that I had a new SKY HD box in my room and new dish on my roof he simply told me "to leave it a few days and it will sort itself out"

AS IF

Didn't you receive a confirmation letter from Sky when you ordered HD?

That would have a reference number on it.

What about a confirmation E Mail with ref no?

Have you paid any money?

If so, who to?

If you ordered through sky you should have a job number?

I assume if you ordered by the sky website you would have put your details in e.g. postcode telephone number, sky should be able to confirm and find if you have ever ordered through them.

Did you pay anyone if so check with your credit debit card company see if they can help

Didn't you receive a confirmation letter from Sky when you ordered HD?

That would have a reference number on it.

What about a confirmation E Mail with ref no?

Have you paid any money?

If so, who to?

No confirmation letter or e-mail, nor any refce number

My Card has been debited by by "Sky Subscription"

Any ideas

If Sky have taken your money they can't have it both ways can they?

They couldn't have taken your cash without an order being placed.

Complain strongly by E Mail to [email protected] giving FULL details, dates, payments, address, phone number etc.

If they have your money you are entitled to the deal on offer at the time the payment was taken.

I ordered Sky HD (Brand New Customer Offer) from the Sky website on Nov 30th and it was installed by a subbie on Dec 8th.

To date I do not have a viewing card and, Unbeknown to me the subbied dislodged 2 tiles, causing damage to the guttering and, somehow, or another, managed to knock over my neighbours 3 tier garden path wall.

Problem one. I have rang sky about 5 or 6 times to see about a viewing card. Unfortunatley all they do is ask me for my account number or home phone number. I don't know my account number and they can't find my details from my home phone number. They simply tell me I will have to contact the subbie for my account number and call me back. Although they did, unhelpfully tell me that, because the half price new customer sub offer is no longer on they will only be able to issue a viewing card a full monthly sub.

Problem two I don't have any paper work form the subbie and, can't hence ring them (I know, maybe people like me don't deserve HD!). Sky for some reason can't give me the number of the supplier they asked to do the job.

Finall insult came this morning when I was told the only thing I can do is re-order the whole thing through the sales team????

Anybody else had a similar problem or, any ideas. Really want to get me viewing card and my neighbour off my back.

Thanks

(Have also posted on another forum)

PS One guy told me that I had not ordered through the legit sky website (which i did) and that I would'nt get anything for my money, when I actually got him to accept that I had a new SKY HD box in my room and new dish on my roof he simply told me "to leave it a few days and it will sort itself out"

AS IF

Wasn't you given a job number for the install or a confirmation e-mail?

Look on the bright side you have a HD box spare which you can keep or sell for a profit!

Cheers, Franc

When you placed your order you must have had some corispondance from Sky other wise when would you have known when the box was being fitted ?
Any corispondance from Sky should have a ref number that they should be able to trace whether it be a letter or an email.

When you placed your order you must have had some corispondance from Sky other wise when would you have known when the box was being fitted ?
Any corispondance from Sky should have a ref number that they should be able to trace whether it be a letter or an email.

Nope none whatsoever, when I joind online I was asked what date I preffered the install on and, amazingly the engineer turned up on that day

Wasn't you given a job number for the install or a confirmation e-mail?

Look on the bright side you have a HD box spare which you can keep or sell for a profit!

Cheers, Franc

I got abolutely nothing, i simply chose my preffered on the web, also though, they have debitted my card for the cost of the HD BOX

Surely there should be a code on the subscription that was taken from your bank, I would contact Sky with this as your refference.

Also send a mail to the above address you'll be supprised at the effect it can have.

Quattro

No confirmation letter or e-mail, nor any refce number

My Card has been debited by by "Sky Subscription"

Any ideas

If your card (I assume you mean debit/credit card) has been debited then Sky must have your card details. They should therefore be able to match the card detail that they hold with an account number.

Worth a shot.

At last sky managed to trace my details using my mobile phone number.
So:

1)They agreed to issue a new card and confirmed it would give me the half price for three months offer and

2) Agreed to send an engineer to survey the damage

Many thanks to all those who chipped in with helpfull comment

So they are sending some guy who probably doesn't even want to be there to tell them about damage to your house/wall that he knows nothing about!

And then what is he going to do?

I would strongly recommend you email james murdoch and complain to him about it, you will most probably get an e-mail from Berverlie (who I am in love with lol as she is so helpful!) and she will do something USEFUL to help you out - what that is I have no idea but I am sure she would...

It sounds to me like you have been talking so far to the standard people down the phone line who are generally difficult, unhelpful (as you have found out yourself) and who stick to the rules and won't do anything to make your life easier.

I had lots of hassle getting HD installed and Sky+ moved to another room - In the end it ended up costing me over £700 - and thanks to my hero I got ALL of it bar £60 back and that £60 difference has been credited to give me a months free subscription... and for your information the manager on the phone wouldnt refund me anything - he said he could but he would not.

So if you have been dealing with the people on the phone I would strongly recommend you bypass them and go to the top! DO NOT wait for the guy to come to your house and not give you any useful information, and to be fair after all the hassle you have had you deserve money back just for how they handled your viewing card issue and half price for 3 months is not a good deal, I am sure I am not the only one here thinking that after reading your post!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom