Stronger Freeview signal after switchover?

dogfonos

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I live in S.E. London/N.W Kent and have heard that the Freeview TV & radio signal is likely to become stronger after switchover. Does anyone know if this is true? My ADB i-can freeview box could certainly use a stronger signal.

The transmitter powers for Freeview TV ( and the radio channesl carried on it ) will increaser at switchover.
The purpose of Digital Switch Over is to allow the Freeview channels to be received as strongly as analogue TV is now.

I live in S.E. London/N.W Kent and have heard that the Freeview TV & radio signal is likely to become stronger after switchover. Does anyone know if this is true? My ADB i-can freeview box could certainly use a stronger signal.

..I'm the same as you - I get a very 'iffy' signal on lots of freeview channels...
I was going to get a new rooftop arial (now its running in loft) but thought to wait a bit to see if signal is improved....

Anyway - since getting SKY HD - no too bothered....SKY - 'always' seems to be 100%

Thanks for your reply. I can receive almost all freeview channels but my ADB i-can freeview box indicates that signal "strength" is poor (yet, oddly, tells me "quality" is high?!?)

That said, a few channels still pixellate occasionally. I'll hold off on a new aerial until switchover. Thanks again.

Very simply the current Freeview digital multiplex channels are presently at 20kW with HD at only 10kW.

When DSO is complete all Freeview digital multiplex channels will be at 200kW inc HD.

My guess is you will then have no problem with your existing aerial.

HTH

Very simply the current Freeview digital multiplex channels are presently at 20kW with HD at only 10kW.

When DSO is complete all Freeview digital multiplex channels will be at 200kW inc HD.

HTH

Just spotted your reply regarding signal strength. Yesterday I brought my TVonics digi box from my caravan into the house and set it up only to find that the signal strength was around 50% and that there was the occasional momentary drop in audo and the occasional pixellation. On the basis of your posting I think you just saved me a wad of cash! Thanks.

HTH

Is this true, well worth waiting then I guess?

I seem to be in the london/meridian cusp (Bracknell) so hopefully when Crystal Palace goes full power I should be okay then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom