Strong SRT5000T Freeview box. Anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by KTF, Jan 7, 2004.

1. KTF

KTF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah my bro just bought one for me for a early b/day prezzie.

It can get all the digital stuff sound is good picture is fine and the connections are ok (only 1 scart so u cant put digital to ur tv and video only tv) But a cordixial (sp) can put the signal although degraded like normal tv onto ur video.

There is a mystery on this small box as the front folds down and behind looks to be a card holder but the only gap thing is only about a inch across. Anyone know what this thing is?

Also yesterday evening itv1 went without sound but when i changed the wires around abit and stuff and replaced the scart lead with my own it came back on.

The only downfall i see in digital for free is that there is no dedicated free movie channel which would have been great. And perhaps a soaps and a nice good sky channel on as well. Instead of 3 shopping channels and 3 same'ish news channels and topuptv taking the rest of the available space.

Damn get some variet freeview and dont be stingy RAH!!

Well there u go :)

3. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so this box has RF modulation? i know there is an option for it but was unsure with the richersounds description whether there model had it or not.

thanks in advance

tom

4. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate has just bought one of these and I tested it out at my house. According to Freeview and DTG my postcode will not allow me to receive Freeview channels at all but using this STRONG model I actually got every single Freeview channel. It took me three goes at tuning it in as the first couple of attempts never picked up a signal from UHF Channel 47 so I was missing a few channels.

Some reviews say this model is not suitable in areas of low signal strength but the quality of the picture on my TV was fine even though signal strength was reported as between 55% and 65% for all channels.

Only one scart output but has RF loopthrough.

As regards the card slot (found by pulling down the front flap) this is going to be for using pay cards when TopUpTV is available. However, don't be fooled - if you unscrew the cover off the STRONG box and look inside you'll notice that the card slot is just a plastic housing and has no connections whatsoever at all to the board so can't actually be used for anything. (I suppose you could use it to hide the credit card from the missus). I can only assume that the manufacturers put this slot in to their design and will use the same casing for releasing a model with the connectors inside at a higher price at a later date.

Generally the STRONG SRT5000 is a capable model. Menus are OK and easy to use and picture and sound quality are more than acceptable. The remote is laid out fine. There are better models out there but for the price (£49.95 from Richer Sounds) this is the cheapest STB I've see for getting Freeview.